Peckar & Abramson, P.C. (P&A) is pleased to announce that the firm has been recognized by Chambers USA in the areas of Construction Law and Government Contracts: Highly Regarded at the Band 1 level Nationwide, the highest level. P&A stands alone in its distinction of being named a Band 1 firm in Construction Law nationally each year since Chambers has awarded this recognition.
Each of P&A’s offices in New York, New Jersey, Washington, DC, Texas, and Florida were ranked Band 1 in Construction Law, and the Firm’s California practice was also highly rated.
Additionally, 23 of P&A’s construction lawyers were named as leading construction lawyers in their respective jurisdictions – more than any other construction law practice in the country. This reflects an addition of four newly ranked P&A attorneys from the prior year.
Peckar & Abramson has continuously achieved national recognition for its successes in representing members of the construction industry, both domestically and internationally, as demonstrated by its consistent Chambers USA rankings.
Among the client comments to Chambers USA about the firm, one stated “We consider Peckar & Abramson the premier firm in the country; it offers outstanding all-round service.” Another source stated, “They have an unbelievably deep bench: it is the go-to firm for contractors on the East Coast and nationwide,” and another said, “The team’s particular strengths are its vast experience regarding construction law, as well as its extended coverage throughout the USA.”
“These rankings reflect P&A’s leadership in construction law, and our depth of commitment and talent,” said P&A Chairman, Steven M. Charney. He continued, “The recognized strength of our practice and lawyers enables P&A to offer the highest level of service to our clients and the construction industry.”
Lori Ann Lange, Chair of P&A’s Federal Government Contracting practice, commented, “We are delighted that Chambers has recognized the firm’s government contracts team. The Band 1 ranking reflects the quality of P&A’s skilled Government Contracts team across several firm offices.”
Peckar & Abramson’s extensive national capabilities were highlighted, and its New York, New Jersey, Washington, D.C., Florida, Texas and California offices were recognized in the following bands:
- Construction Law: Nationwide – Band 1
- Government Contracts: Highly Regarded: Nationwide – Band 1
- Construction Law: New York – Band 1
- Construction Law: New Jersey – Band 1
- Construction Law: District of Columbia – Band 1
- Construction Law: Florida – Band 1
- Construction Law: Texas – Band 1
- Construction Law: California – Band 4
The 23 Peckar & Abramson attorneys listed below were recognized by Chambers USA as leading construction lawyers in the nation:
Construction – Nationwide
Construction – New York
- Steven M. Charney – Band 1 – “very, very knowledgeable construction attorney with a lot of business savvy”
- Gregory H. Chertoff – Band 2 – “extremely professional, he prepares well, does a thorough analysis, presents us with alternatives and makes recommendations”
- Paul Monte – Band 2 – “an excellent construction attorney”
- Howard M. Rosen – Band 3 – “he is skilled and knows the business side”
- Robert S. Peckar – Senior Statespeople – “knowledgeable and has a good background and connections; he is excellent”
Construction – New Jersey
- Bruce D. Meller – Band 1 – “a zealous advocate in every step of the process; truly an exceptional trial attorney”
- Patrick J. Greene, Jr. – Band 1 – “his strengths are his subject matter knowledge and responsiveness”
- Charles F. Kenny – Band 2 – “an excellent seasoned attorney”
- Peter E. Moran – Band 2 – “extremely hard-working, organized and a great manager of the litigation process”
- Michael S. Zicherman – Band 2 – “commended for his knowledge of construction litigation and arbitration acting for construction managers”
Construction – Washington, D.C.
- Adrian L. Bastianelli, III (Construction Mediator) – Band 1 – “has a mediation and arbitration-focused practice and is absolutely terrific”
- Michael A. Branca – Band 2 – “has substantial experience and he’s excellent at supporting our needs”
- Michael C. Zisa – Band 4 – “responsive, knowledgeable, and able to identify and fulfill the business objectives of his clients”
Construction – Florida
- Stephen H. Reisman – Band 1 – “an excellent adviser”
- Melinda S. Gentile – Band 2 – “a dynamic lawyer with a really comprehensive knowledge of construction law”
- Jerry P. Brodsky – Band 3 – “a very knowledgeable Florida construction lawyer, who is very familiar with the courts”
- Gary M. Stein – Band 3 – “a top-level lawyer with a well-rounded practice and experience”
- Adam P. Handfinger – Band 5 – “a particularly outstanding construction lawyer with tremendous depth of knowledge and super pragmatic approach”
Construction – Texas
Construction – California
About Chambers & Partners
Chambers and Partners reports that it has dedicated the last 30+ years to researching and ranking the best lawyers worldwide. In that time, Chambers reports that their reputation for thoroughness and independence has attracted a client audience of notable size. Chambers adds that the key to the success of their legal directories and the validity of their awards is the in-depth, unbiased research conducted by our team of highly qualified and experienced researchers.
About Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. maintains offices in New York City, New Jersey, Washington D.C., Miami, Chicago, Oakland, Los Angeles, Austin, Houston and Dallas, and has affiliations with global firms in Latin America (through its founding membership in CONSTRULEGAL) and across Europe (through its founding membership in Leading Construction Lawyers International Alliance). In addition to its core construction practice, the firm has affiliated practice groups who counsel contractors on labor and employment matters, corporate and regulatory compliance issues including D/M/WBE compliance and general corporate and real estate matters.