Jeffrey A. Ford
Jeffrey A. Ford is of counsel in Peckar & Abramson’s Dallas office. He joined the firm in 2016 and served on the firm’s Executive Committee until the end of 2022. Prior to joining Peckar & Abramson, Jeff was a founding shareholder of Ford Nassen & Baldwin, P.C.
Jeffrey A. Ford
P +1 214.523.5100
F +1 214.521.4601
"I am proud to represent the builders of the world. I get what they do. My goal is to provide practical counsel to builders, so they can succeed at doing what they do best: build projects."
Jeff represents contractors, developers, owners, specialty contractors, and sureties in all facets of the construction process, from the preparation of contract documents, to counseling on business and legal issues that arise during projects, and the resolution of disputes. He has extensive experience as a mediator and arbitrator and is an active member of the American Arbitration Association’s Large Complex Construction Case Panel of Construction Arbitrators.
A highly proficient litigator, Jeff has successfully defended numerous contractors in cases involving claims of alleged defective construction. He is well-versed in negotiating complex settlements of claims, both within the United States and abroad, and has prepared and negotiated major design and construction agreements for numerous high-profile projects, including a multi-building headquarters for one of the world’s leading technology companies.
Jeff is an elected Fellow of the American College of Construction Lawyers, and served on the College’s Board of Governors. He is also a Fellow in the American Bar Foundation. Jeff was recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2013 Dallas Construction Law Lawyer of the Year. He was also ranked by Texas Super Lawyers among the Top Ten Texas Lawyers in 2016 – the only construction lawyer included – and in the Super Lawyers Top 100 Texas Lawyers from 2014 through 2019, and 2022.
• State of Texas
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
• United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
• United States Court of Federal Claims
• United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
• American College of Construction Lawyers (Fellow and Member of Board of Governors)
• State Bar of Texas (Construction Law Section, former member Governing Council)
• Dallas Bar Association (Construction Law Section, former Chair)
• American Bar Association (Forum on Construction Industry and Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, former Vice-Chairman)
• North Dallas Chamber of Commerce (former Chair)
Education & Courses
• University of Texas at Austin, J.D.
• The University of Iowa, B.A., summa cum laude
Awards & Recognitions
• Chambers USA, Construction Law, Texas, Band 1, 2017-2022
• Texas Board of Legal Specialization: Board Certified – Construction Law
• D Magazine – 2017 D Best Lawyers – Construction
• Best Lawyers, “Lawyer of the Year” in Construction Law – Dallas/Fort Worth region, 2013, 2016
• Best Lawyers, 2005-2023
• Texas Super Lawyers, 2003-2022
• Texas Super Lawyers Top 10: 2016; Top 100: 2014-2015, 2017, 2021
• Who’s Who Legal: 2020 WWL Thought Leaders – Construction
• Who’s Who Legal: Construction, 2021-2022
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated
Publications & Presentations
• “What’s In Your Assignment?” Texas Construction Law Conference, March, 2020
• “No Damage for Delay? - Not So Fast!”, 28th Annual Construction Law Conference, Construction Law Section of State Bar of Texas, San Antonio, Texas, March 2015
• “Joinder and Dispositive Motions in Arbitration”, Panel Member, 25th Annual Construction Law Conference, Construction Law Section of State Bar of Texas, San Antonio, Texas, March 2012
• “Current and Emerging Issues in Litigation Involving Design Professionals”, 2010 Construction Law Conference, University of Texas at Austin School of Law, Dallas, Texas, September 2010
News & Events
• 12 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Thought Leaders: USA Publication
• Nine Peckar & Abramson Attorneys Named 2022 Thought Leaders in Who’s Who Legal
• Super Lawyers® Names 12 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2022 Texas Lists; Jeff Ford & Matt Moore Selected to Top 100 List
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®