In our 11 offices throughout the United States, as well as international alliances around the globe, we handle domestic and international legal work, including the most complex and challenging matters. We have an unyielding commitment to providing results, the highest level of professional service, value, diversity and integrity, supported by a truly unique firm culture that encourages collaboration and a respectful and amiable work environment.
We attract and retain highly qualified attorneys and staff, offering competitive compensation and benefits, and involvement in sophisticated legal work. Our commitment to professional development extends to attorneys and support personnel at every level, and includes early opportunities for “hands on” experience in significant matters, client interaction, high level mentoring, formal training and participation in strategic case-management in a small team structure.
P&A is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and any other factor protected by applicable law. If you have any questions regarding the application process or need an accommodation to complete the application process, please send an email to Recruiting@Pecklaw.com. We are always looking for strong talent to join the firm. If you are interested in pursuing career opportunities with us, please send an email with your résumé to Recruiting@Pecklaw.com
*Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not submit resumes through this link. If you are an agency looking to submit a candidate for one of our openings, please contact Peckar & Abramson through our Contact Us link. Thank you.
Peckar & Abramson is currently seeking a Business Development & Marketing Coordinator for the firm’s Dallas, Houston and Austin offices (“Texas offices”). The position is focused on coordination and execution of business development, marketing and communications initiatives for those offices, as well as certain firm practice group(s). The role will be based in either Dallas or Houston, with frequent travel to the other Texas offices.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of our Texas Office Marketing Partners and Managing Partners, the firm’s Chief Client Service Officer (CCSO) and Director of Marketing. The Coordinator will serve a critical role in the development and execution of all elements of business development and marketing plans and initiatives in support of the Texas offices and at least one national practice group. The Coordinator will interact with Texas-based lawyers and staff frequently, and provide occasional support for national-level initiatives, in collaboration with the CCSO and Director of Marketing.
Working closely with the Texas Office Marketing Partners, Office Managing Partner and other Texas attorneys, as well as Practice Group Chair(s) as identified, the Coordinator will:
• Coordinate the planning and execution of seminars, conferences and firm-sponsored events. Responsibilities include list development and maintenance, event invitation distribution and follow-up, attendee tracking, logistics implementation, and on-site support;
• Assist with the development and implementation of the Texas Marketing and BD plan;
• Assist in updating practice and office-specific marketing collateral and other marketing resources, including content intended for the firm website, as directed;
• Assist in developing and recommending local advertisements;
• Assist with social media content;
• Proactively collaborate with local construction industry and construction trade organizations; and
• Develop a deep understanding of the firm’s brand and values, and communicate clearly and effectively with the firm’s lawyers and staff, as well as external parties.
• Excellent communication skills and commitment to working with supervisors and other colleagues across the firm.
• Ability to interact with partners and others across the firm.
• Willingness to work collaboratively as a member of a team with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a professional services organization.
• High level of attention to detail and meticulous follow-through.
• Professional demeanor, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to both demonstrate initiative, as well as to follow direction.
• Demonstrate excellent judgment.
• Ability to research and interpret findings, and to summarize relevant results efficiently and effectively.
• Excellent proofreading skills.
• Undergraduate degree required, with a focus in marketing, communications or related area preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office software products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands or planned events including occasional off-site events.
Long known for leadership and innovation in construction law, Peckar & Abramsonʼs Results First approach extends to a broad array of legal services — all delivered with a commitment to efficiency, value and client service since 1978.
Now, with more than 100 attorneys in eleven U.S. offices and affiliations around the globe, our capabilities extend farther and deeper than ever.
Our experience in the courtroom and in dispute resolution, coupled with our ability to provide genuinely insightful legal advice and commercial representation, help a wide range of clients maximize opportunities, meet challenges, solve problems and manage risk.
We offer experience, knowledge and our commitment to excellence in:
As we expanded our capabilities over the years to that of a true full-service law firm, Peckar & Abramson’s commitment to the construction industry has never wavered. True to our construction roots, we remain the “go to” law firm for many of the industry’s most successful contractors, professionals and associations. Our rich construction industry history, uniquely blended with the depth and talent to provide a full range of legal services, earns Peckar & Abramson the highest praise and recognition in the United States and internationally.
At Peckar & Abramson, we are driven to provide excellence, efficiency and effectiveness — always mindful of our Results First focus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
P&A is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and any other factor protected by applicable law.