Real Estate Law
Meeting Clientsʼ Needs by Handling Transactions with Confidence, Competence and Efficiency
At Peckar & Abramson, our goal is to facilitate the successful completion of transactions, solving problems as they may arise. We offer clients the skill and experience to handle real estate transactions from the routine to the most complex.
We represent real estate entrepreneurs, private equity funds, as well as others across the real estate industry spectrum, including lenders, owners, developers and tenants in connection with all aspects of their business including:
- Acquisitions and sales
- Real estate financing
- Construction financing
- Mortgage lending, conventional and unconventional
- Leasing and subleasing
- Loan acquisitions
- Liquidation of non-performing loans
- Restructuring of assets
- Development and redevelopment
- Organizational formations and structure
- Asset management
- Risk and business opportunity analysis
- 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges
- Real estate litigation
- Property owner/lender disputes
Representing the Investor Community
We have extensive experience representing sponsors of investments in real estate and lenders in connection with mortgage loan financing, including conventional and specialty bridge loan financing. We advise clients in distressed debt acquisitions and workouts.
An Approach and Resources That Benefit Clients and Their Projects
Owners and operators of real estate encounter diverse opportunities, issues and challenges. Peckar & Abramson delivers a full complement of services to meet the needs of our clients.
We understand the challenges faced by the most sophisticated owners, buyers and sellers, particularly in today’s complex financing environment. Our services are marked by zealous representation, personalized service, depth of understanding, attention to detail, forthright communication and value.
Meeting expectations by providing the right advice and services is why our clients return — again and again. Our Real Estate Law Group has extensive experience in transaction involving retail, office, industrial, commercial, mixed-use, warehouse and multifamily residential properties.
Construction Financing: A Unique Ability to Blend Knowledge and Experience
When undertaking development and construction financing matters, our Real Estate Law Group can assemble a team with diverse talents, blending the firm’s expertise in real estate, finance, construction contracts, project management and other disciplines.
The Real Estate Law Group ensures that all aspects of a development project are integrated, so that the project proceeds according to the client’s plans. Our comprehensive services include:
- Site acquisition agreements
- Construction financing documentation
- Architect agreements
- General contractor agreements
- Construction manager contracts
These agreements form a complex web of rights and obligations. With the diligent attention of the Peckar & Abramson team, these rights and obligations are woven together to serve the client’s needs.
A History of Success
Peckar & Abramson has serviced clients in connection with major real estate projects and acquisitions across the country. Recent and representative transactions include:
- Acquisition of $21+ million first mortgage loan secured by eight high credit, triple-net leased retail properties in four states. Negotiation of deed-in-lieu settlement with borrower. Acquisition and financing of properties. Disposition of properties in separate sales.
- Representation of lender in connection with $15+ million bridge loan financing secured by first mortgage on development site, Middlesex County, New Jersey.
- Representation of lender in connection with $16+ million bridge loan financing secured by first mortgage on development site, Queens, New York.
- Representation of lender in connection with $17+ million bridge loan secured by large tract and residence in Suffolk County, New York.
- Representation of lender in connection with $12 million bridge loan secured by a development site located in Lee County, Florida.
- Representation of large owner, operator of apartment buildings in New Jersey shore communities in connection with acquisitions, corporate matters and financings.
- Acquisition of nonperforming $17+ million first mortgage loan secured by a Class A office building in Plainsboro, New Jersey.
- The $30 million land acquisition and $76+ million construction financing and development of a high-rise condominium tower in midtown Manhattan.
- The $84+ million construction financing and development of a high-rise condominium tower in midtown Manhattan.
- Purchase and redevelopment of high profile retail and multiple family mixed-use property in downtown Princeton, New Jersey.
- Representation of a tenant in the negotiation of a 10 year, 78,000 square-foot office lease in downtown Manhattan.
- Representation of a tenant in the negotiation of a 10 year, 30,000 square-foot office lease in midtown Manhattan.
- Representation of a tenant in the negotiation of a 15 year, 35,000 square-foot office lease in the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of tenant in negotiation of a 10 year, 45,000 square-foot office lease in Anaheim, California.
- The $55+ million purchase of four nursing homes in northern New Jersey, comprising 620 skilled nursing beds and all of the real estate and assets of the seller.
- Land acquisition, $20+ million construction financing and development of 180-bed skilled nursing facility in South Amboy, New Jersey.
- Land acquisition, $30+ million construction financing and development of a 200-bed skilled nursing facility in Plainsboro, New Jersey.
- Refinance transactions for two skilled nursing facilities through the U.S. Housing and Urban Development Lean Program under Section 223(f) of The National Housing Act.
Clients have trusted Peckar & Abramson to handle their real estate transactions for years. Our team represents clients in leasing and acquisition of real property, landlord-tenant disputes, and mortgage and financing transactions locally and across the U.S.
River Edge, NJ