We are deeply familiar with each component of a successful P3 project. Our clients rely on our ability to strategize from various points of view, from design, construction, public contract law, and project finance, to operations, maintenance, dispute resolution and closeout.
We provide a broader perspective than those coming to a P3 from a single discipline — we are deeply familiar with what it takes to successfully build, develop and operate these complex and risky projects through the entire life cycle — to solve challenges as they arise and deliver successful results throughout.
Our firm-wide relationships include contractors, government officials, financial institutions, concessionaires, architects and engineers. We work alongside and benefit from these relationships, and enrich every client representation with useful legal and practical insight that few firms can provide.
We counsel clients in:
Every aspect of construction and public contract law. We are a diverse and experienced group of construction lawyers located in key markets around the country, with international alliances and key relationships with leading firms around the world.
Every phase of the P3 lifecycle, from concept through procurement, construction, operation and maintenance.
Every type of contract and agreement with government agencies and authorities, concessionaires, and design-builders, from creation through negotiation to closing.
Scope of Work
We regularly work with clients on civil and social infrastructure projects, including:
Examples of Notable Engagements
Our P3 group has:
- Represented various construction joint ventures in their pursuit and contract negotiations for numerous P3 projects, including design builders pursuing major infrastructure projects in New York, Colorado, Texas, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, California and Florida.
- Represented a real estate developer bidding on a Department of Defense military housing privatization initiative. Supported project capture efforts by strategizing all legal and government affairs endeavors and oversaw legal work necessary to close more than 18 deals valued at over $3 billion.
- Advised large construction companies on how to engage with private equity for teaming on P3 projects.
- Advised executives and legislative officials exploring P3 legislation in connection with present or pending legislation in numerous states.
- Represented private equity sponsor in joining with national operator to pursue P3 projects with cities and universities.
- Represented a corporation in its P3 with NASA to film explorations in outer space.
- Served as project counsel to numerous design build contractors, including the contractor constructing the largest highway P3 project in Florida.
We help clients avoid the risks that threaten the profitability of P3s. It challenges the imagination to identify an issue that accompanies P3s—regulatory, contractual, transactional, financial or political—that our group hasn’t confronted head-on and addressed successfully for our clients.