Mark R. Berry
Mark R. Berry devotes his practice to advising and representing contractors and construction managers in all phases of construction in both the public and private sectors. Mark’s extensive experience includes risk assessment and structuring of appropriate construction delivery methods, negotiation and drafting of project documents, advising project participants during contract administration on risk management, claims, and related project issues.
"Our attorneys focus on the early identification and resolution of disputes to assist clients in averting costly crises."
• Commonwealth of Virginia
• State of Maryland
• District of Columbia
• United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia
• United States District Courts for the District of Columbia
• United States District Courts for Maryland
• United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
• American Road and Transportation Builders Association
• American Bar Association (Forum on the Construction Industry)
• Construction Management Association of America (Legal Committee)
• Virginia State Bar (Construction and Public Contract Law Section)
• Washington Building Congress
• Associated General Contractors of America
Education & Courses
• University of Maryland, B.A.
• George Washington University School of Law, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Construction Management Association of America, Distinguished Service Award and Past Chair, Legal Committee
Publications & Presentations
• “Drone Operation in a Construction Zone,” FTBA, July 2020 (co-author)
• American Road and Transportation Builders Association’s (ARTBA) 12th Annual Law & Regulatory Forum, June 2020 (speaker)
• “Make Certain Drone Policies Also Manage Risk,” Construction Executive, April 2020 (co-author)
• “Section 232 Cases: Protecting U.S. National Security or Risking International Trade Wars?”, DC Bar Association Program, June 2018 (speaker)
• American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) 10th Annual Transportation Construction Law & Regulatory Forum, June 2018 (speaker)
• Virginia Construction Law, Thomas West, 2008 (co-author)
• Virginia: Source Book on Construction Contracting by State and Local Government (co-author)
• Public Construction Law Source Book, CCH, Inc. (co-author)
• Construction Management: Law and Practice, Wiley Law Publications, 1995 (co-author)