P&A delivers clear advice and strategy on matters that are most important to our Surety clients — from inception through resolution.
We are dedicated to minimizing loss and avoiding unnecessary litigation.
When necessary, we leverage our extensive litigation experience to serve and protect our clients’ interests.
Peckar & Abramson has successfully resolved performance bond, payment bond, indemnification and subrogation matters through motion practice, trial and settlement in federal and state courts throughout the United States and abroad.
Ultimately, we recognize that sureties place a premium on pragmatic, sensible and cost-effective solutions. Our experience allows us to provide high quality representation while never losing sight of our clients’ priorities and putting Results First®.
Navigating Complex Issues
A claim against a performance bond, payment bond or other construction bond sets off a complex series of interrelated events. It is essential for a surety to quickly evaluate the facts and circumstances behind the claim and understand its rights and obligations.
Our attorneys thoroughly understand the intricacies of the law governing a surety’s rights and obligations and the complexities and realities of the construction industry in both public and private sectors. We draw upon this combined understanding to assist our surety clients with a range of matters, including:
- Performance and payment bond claim investigation, analysis, response and litigation
- Meetings with bond principals, obligees and indemnitors
- Enforcement of indemnity rights and prosecution of indemnity actions
- Contesting bond principals’ default termination and pursuit of principals’ affirmative claims
- Protection of sureties’ rights in bankruptcy proceedings and receiverships
- Negotiation, drafting and management of takeover, tender and completion arrangements
- Enforcement of subrogation rights and prosecution of subrogation actions
- Drafting of bond and indemnification documents
- Negotiation and drafting of financing arrangements
- Monitoring of tender arrangements