Angela A.L. Connor
Angela Connor, a partner in Peckar & Abramson’s Houston office, is board certified in construction law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and focuses her practice on business litigation, dispute resolution and contract negotiation. Known for her sound and practical legal advice, she routinely finds creative solutions to meet her clients’ business needs.
Angela A.L. Connor
P +1 713.568.1500
F +1 713.568.1490
"When representing my clients, they not only have me to rely upon but also access to every lawyer in our firm which means there is not an issue we can't solve."
Angela represents a wide range of construction industry clients, including general contractors, owners, subcontractors, sureties and suppliers, and regularly handles complex construction-related matters involving mechanic’s liens, payment bonds, contract disputes, collections, delay claims and construction defects. She is also involved in the drafting and reviewing of contract documents and regularly performs contract risk assessment and risk management for a range of construction projects.
Having represented both plaintiffs and defendants in state court, federal court and in arbitration proceedings, Angela brings to bear a wealth of knowledge in nearly all aspects of litigation and dispute resolution. She prides herself on utilizing the most efficient and cost-effective means for resolving complex disputes.
She received her Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Texas A&M University, and her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston, where she served as Student Bar Association President and graduated cum laude.
• State of Texas
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
• State Bar of Texas (Construction Law Section)
• Houston Bar Association (Construction Law Section, Governing Council, Chair-Elect 2022-2023)
• AGC Houston (Membership Committee)
• AGC National (Service & Supply Council)
• Texas A&M University Association of Former Students
• Houston Contractors Association (Education Committee)
Education & Courses
• Texas A&M, B.B.A.
• South Texas College of Law, J.D., cum laude
Awards & Recognitions
• Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2017-2023
• Texas Board of Legal Specialization: Board Certified – Construction Law
Publications & Presentations
• “How Legislative Changes in 2021 Are Impacting Contractors in 2022,” CFMA Lone Star Conference, October 2022 (Speaker)
• “Texas Lien Law After the 87th Texas Legislative Session,” CFMA Seminar, February 2022 (Speaker)
• “Top 10 Killer Contract Clauses,” Levelset webinar, May 2021 (Speaker)
• “Hunker Down and Don’t Get Burned,” ConsensusDocs, November 2020
• “Theories of Liability Against Architects and Engineers,” The Basic Course in Texas Construction Law, Houston, Texas, December 2019 (Speaker)
• “Construction Bills to Watch in the 86th Legislative Session,” NAWIC South-Central Regional Forum, April 2019 (Speaker)
• “Taking Cover after the Storm”, Construction News, October, 2017 (Author)
• “New Technologies Present New Liabilities”, AGC Houston Cornerstone Magazine, Fall 2017
• “Dealing with Bid Mistakes,” American Subcontractors Association - Houston Chapter, October 2014 (Speaker)
• “Don’t Get Caught in the Gap of Coverage: Potential and Unexpected, Uninsured Losses Arising from Indemnity Obligations,” March 2014 (Speaker)
News & Events
• Super Lawyers® Names Five Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2023 Texas Rising Stars List; Crystal Dang Named to Top Up and Coming Lists
• Super Lawyers® Names 12 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2022 Texas Lists; Jeff Ford & Matt Moore Selected to Top 100 List
• CFMA Lone Star Conference – “How Legislative Changes in 2021 Are Impacting Contractors in 2022”
• Super Lawyers® Names 17 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to Their 2022 Illinois, New Jersey, Southern California, and Texas Lists