White Collar Litigation & Regulatory Enforcement
Peckar & Abramson’s White Collar Criminal Defense Practice Group knows how to defend your case aggressively, drawing on years of experience representing individuals and businesses in white collar criminal investigations and prosecutions, regulatory and administrative actions.
In addition to criminal and civil regulatory matters, this Group represents clients in complex civil/commercial litigation, up through and including appeals.
Our attorneys also possess extensive expertise in conducting internal investigations tailored to the needs of the client.
Peckar & Abramson’s White Collar Criminal Defense Group is fully integrated into our firm, with full access to its considerable resources and legal expertise in a wide variety of disciplines and fields.
Our comprehensive approach to the analysis, management and resolution of criminal issues and related civil consequences is the same as our overall approach to the practice of law: we believe in efficient and cost-effective protection of the immediate needs and long-term business objectives of our clients.
Typical matters handled by our group include:
- Advice and counsel on potential criminal matters, even prior to the initiation of a civil and/or criminal investigation
- Grand Jury investigations, from start to conclusion
- Criminal trials
- Internal and external investigations
- Personal and business interest counseling
- Preparation of business conduct/compliance policies and procedures
We’ve helped clients respond to a wide range of allegations, including:
- Securities fraud by financial market participants and the professionals that service that industry
- Mail/Wire fraud
- Fraud arising out of larceny, extortion, tax fraud, and other allegations
- False Claims Act (FCA)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO)
- Qui Tam and Whistleblower Actions
- Disadvantaged/Minority/Women-Owned Business fraud (D/M/WBE)
- Attorney malfeasance
According to the FBI, white collar crime cost is over $300 billion annually and can have a profound effect across your business as well as on careers and personal relationships. No one understands that better than the attorneys at P&A as evidenced by the proven, vigorous representation and counsel we have provided on many high proﬁle cases.
THOMAS J. CURRAN
New York, NY
Related Practice Areas