Swift Resolutions Informed by Deep Expertise
Our Labor Law Group aims to strengthen positive labor relations fostered by negotiation, mediation, and, in more extreme situations, litigation. The tried-and-true methods employed by Peckar & Abramson quickly and decisively deliver Results First®, resolving disputes, forging connections and endeavoring that any negative fallout from a given issue is negligible. When out-of-the-box solutions are required, P&A formulates an original approach to keep your company’s labor relations on track.
Our firm’s counsel has proven invaluable to companies looking to effectively respond to unionization, and we offer a comprehensive suite of services to achieve that goal. Our deep dive into a unionization scenario will include assisting you in planning and executing counter-campaigns, as well as managing the legal aspects of elections. We have the knowledge and ability necessary to seek emergency injunctions, and offer direction on operating safely while maintaining control of your company in the case of strikes, picketing or other union-unrest activities.
In any corporate transaction, there are inevitably a wealth of complex legal issues to consider, with labor obligation matters being among the most important. P&A provides strategic, critical direction to your company, vital to assessing potential withdrawal liability against a contributing entity or potential control group of entities; solidifying labor contracts liability between affiliated entities; determining successor liability for labor and other employment-law violations. Our tested experience in these areas will provide your organization with another layer of armor to stabilize and reinforce your labor relations.
Implementing and Enforcing Compliance
Peckar & Abramson’s Labor Law Group works with our clients, which include both private and public-sector employers, to implement and enforce internal compliance. Our representation includes the mediation and resolution of special cases, which may include proceedings regarding numerous aspects of labor law, including federal and state prevailing wage law; wage and hour laws; independent contractor classifications; OSHA compliance; affirmative action; minority utilization requirements and immigration law.
Broad Industry Expertise
Our Labor Law Group regularly addresses labor-related issues and needs across a wide variety of industries, including:
- Building Service
- Food Service
- Power and energy
- Financial services
Our services include:
- Anticipating and resolving jurisdictional disputes
- Handling injunctions against strike misconduct
- Creating lawful management campaigns to counteract union organization efforts
- Addressing issues involving underfunded pension plans
- General compliance planning
- Defending against enforcement actions, including alleged violations of federal, state and local laws and regulations, from OSHA to affirmative action
- Conducting internal investigations and audits related to labor issues
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Implementing preventative policies designed to successfully avoid labor-organizing activities
- Management training; administering labor contracts
- Arbitrating grievances
- Litigating cases before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and the courts
- Negotiating and defending challenges to project labor agreements