Gregory R. Begg
Gregory R. Begg is a partner and co-chair of Peckar & Abramson’s Labor Relations and Employment Law Practices group. He has over 30 years of experience representing single employers, multi-employer associations, corporate executives, developers, private equity funds and ERISA entities in all matters of labor relations, employment and employee benefits law.
Gregory R. Begg
Co-Chair - Labor and Employment
River Edge, NJ
P +1 201.343.3434
F +1 201.343.6306
"Managing labor relations issues requires preventive measures, practical problem-solving and sensible risk management."
Greg’s labor relations experience includes representation during union organizing campaigns, litigation of unfair labor practice charges and collective bargaining negotiations including negotiation of project labor agreements for large, public and private sector construction projects throughout the United States. He regularly assists clients with both strategic planning and risk management regarding labor and employment issues associated with mergers, acquisitions, pension plan withdrawal liability, succession planning and merit-shop competition. He has represented clients in industries including healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, construction, cybersecurity, power transmission, building management & maintenance, building security, medical transport, industry associations and entertainment, among others.
During his career, Greg has represented employers in all industries in litigation involving claims of discrimination, harassment, civil rights violations, ADA Accessibility, confidentiality, noncompete and nondisclosure obligations, class action wage claims and other issues pertaining to the employment relationship.
Greg practices extensively before State and Federal courts, the National Labor Relations Board, State and Federal Departments of Labor, OSHA and other state and federal administrative agencies. He is the author of many law-related publications and regularly presents on current developments in labor and employment law.
• State of New Jersey
• State of New York
• United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
• United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
• United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
• United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
• Associated General Contractors, Labor & Employment Law Council
• New York State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
• New Jersey State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
• Society for Human Resource Management
Education & Courses
• State University of New York at Oneonta, B.A.
• St. John's University School of Law, J.D.
Publications & Presentations
• “Pending New York Construction Wage Theft Legislation Holds Contractors will be Strictly Liable for Unpaid Wage Claims of Employees of Subcontractors at Every Tier,” P&A Client Alert, February 2023 (Author)
• “Mitigating the Consequences of Labor Unrest on Construction Projects,” ConsensusDocs, February 2023 (Co-Author)
• “Everything You Need to Know (But Were Afraid to Ask) About Key Labor Issues Relative to Utility Owners and Contractors,” AGC of New York State Seminar, November 2022 (Presenter)
• “Modular Construction and the Implications for 8(e), Project Labor Agreements, and Prevailing Wage Laws,” Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) Labor and Employment Law Council’s 37th Annual Construction Labor Law Symposium, May 2022 (Presenter)
• “The Wage Theft Act – What Contractors Need to Know Now,” NASBP, January 2022 (Co-Presenter)
• “Preparing for the Wage Theft Act – What Contractors Need to Know,” P&A webinar, December 2021 (Co-Presenter)
• “COVID-19 Site Safety Protocols and Revised OSHA Enforcement Guidance,” South Florida AGC and P&A Joint Webinar, June 2020 (Speaker)
• “How to Manage the Impact of COVID-19 on the Construction Industry,” Anchin and P&A Joint Webinar, March 2020 (Speaker)
• “COVID-19 Employer Guidance: Expanded Leave Under Federal, NJ, NY/NYC Laws and Layoffs,” P&A Webinar, March 2020 (Speaker)
• “Addressing Non-Union Market Challenges: Civil and Criminal Liability for Common but Flawed Double Breasting Strategies,” AGC of New York State Breakfast Program, May 2018 (Speaker)
• “Current Issues in Project Labor Agreements,” AGC LELC’s 34th Annual Construction Labor Law Symposium, March 2018 (Speaker)
• “Multi-Employer Plans and Double Breasting BMP’s,” AGC New York State 31st Annual Construction Industry Conference, December 2017 (Panelist)
• “Subcontracting Clause Issues: Bargaining to Impasse & Withdrawal Liability,” 33rd Annual Construction Labor Law Symposium, May 2017 (Speaker)
• “2017 Redevelopment Law Institute,” NJ State Bar Association Program, January 2017 (Speaker)
• Co-Editor of Peckar & Abramson’s Labor Relations and Employment Law Newsletter
• Dozens of articles regarding all matter of Labor, Employee & Employee Benefits issues
News & Events
• AGC NYS Summer Meeting – “Managing the Risks of the Public Work and Private Work Wage Theft Acts”
• AGC New York State – “Everything You Need to Know (But Were Afraid to Ask) About Key Labor Issues Relative to Utility Owners and Contractors”
• Construction Labor Law Symposium: Modular Construction and the Implications for 8(e), Project Labor Agreements, and Prevailing Wage Laws
• The Wage Theft Act – What Contractors Need to Know Now