Results First® When It Matters Most
Peckar & Abramson’s Internal Investigations Group represents public and private enterprises that are facing serious, business-critical issues in connection with allegations of potential wrongdoing — including those made by federal, state and local agencies. In each situation, our attorneys bring to bear decades of experience as well as a deep understanding of the very government agencies involved — oftentimes having served as prosecutors or regulators themselves — in order to investigate and resolve complex matters.
Whether the issues relate to allegations of internal misconduct or external factors, we deal with perceived transgressions fully and completely. We vet each concern to ensure compliance not only with state and federal laws, but also with corporate policies, procedures and standards of conduct, all while mitigating potential exposure to white collar criminal issues.
Our underlying commitment goes beyond addressing individual issues as they arise. We provide our clients with comprehensive guidance to help prevent reoccurrence, address risk, save time and money and advance the protection of our clients’ businesses over the short and long term.
We work closely with our clients to detail immediate issues, underlying causes and strategies to resolve matters as quickly and discreetly as possible.
When results must come first, Peckar & Abramson quickly evaluates the extent and potential impact of any alleged misconduct and sets in motion the most effective course of action.
Our Internal Investigations Practice Group preserves our clients’ reputations and business continuity efforts while working to fully advise clients about all potential ramifications, with discreet services related to:
- Allegations of civil or criminal fraud, waste or embezzlement
- Employee misconduct allegations, including policy violations, harassment and related personnel matters
- Issues that may implicate conduct that could be perceived by regulators as potentially criminal in nature
- Whistleblower allegations and investigations into all related parties
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Examination of past and present conduct and recommendations for proactive remedial measures
- Employee, executive and board interviews
- Document examination and retention
- Review of corporate compliance with external laws and policies, such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the False Claims Act, as well as with governmental and quasi-governmental rules and regulations
- Internal compliance reviews, including assessments of compliance with internal corporate rules and procedures
- Background checks of prospective individual and corporate partners
- Financial audits, including checking for adherence to government auditing standards
- Review of governmental procurement policies and analysis to ensure compliance
- Data breaches, cyber security policies and IT policies and security procedures
Our multi-disciplinary approach and collective understanding leverages the experience of our former prosecutors and regulators, and our White Collar, Government Contracts and Employment lawyers, to handle our clients’ most challenging and complex issues. We recognize the sensitive nature of issues arising from non-compliance, fraud, misconduct, ethics violations, embezzlement and policy violations. We take all aspects of an investigation into account with the goal of providing optimal protection to the business, minimizing disruption and avoiding conceivable risks to your business.
Mitigating Potential Pitfalls Through Effective Compliance
Peckar & Abramson’s dedicated attorneys work closely with our clients to implement compliance programs that are uniquely suited to their needs and address the specific concerns of each client. We help clients establish codes of conduct and internal policies and procedures, implement hotline reporting systems, and conduct ongoing ethics and compliance training. Our Corporate Compliance and Integrity Counsel team stands ready to develop and implement an effective program for your business.
We have a unique proﬁciency for investigating issues ranging from code of conduct or ethics violations to those brought on by regulatory entities or the Department of Justice. We know how to efficiently accumulate essential information to arrive at the appropriate resolution. We are overly responsive and pragmatic but also know when to turn up the heat.
EDWARD O. PACER
Related Practice Areas