P&A’s multi-disciplinary team of lawyers and on-call consultants prepare organizations before a crisis ever occurs, and provide immediate support during and following such incidents.
Organizations face myriad challenges every day, most often utilizing a combination of internal resources and occasional assistance from outside professionals in response to ongoing concerns and business needs.
Some circumstances, however, are so unusual (and severe) that external support is critical to managing the situation, supporting employees, coordinating messaging, and engaging the community.
This is especially true in events that draw public attention and involve media, heightened reactions by internal stakeholders, and/or potential criminal or regulatory ramifications.
For years, P&A has been responding to every type of crisis, such as:
– Catastrophic accidents involving bodily injury or death to employees and/or the public
– Allegations of criminality by the organization, key executives and/or staff
– Publicly alleged sexual misconduct in the workplace
– Allegations of the submission of false claims to the government
– Whistleblower claims
– Cyber/Security breaches involving employee or public information
– Bias motivated incidents in the workplace
– Strikes and other work actions by employees or labor unions
– Allegations of the release of pollutants into waterways and the air
– Collapses of structures under construction or adjacent to construction activity
P&A’s Crisis Management Team spans a variety of disciplines and includes lawyers expert in Criminal, Regulatory, Compliance, Labor, Employment, Environmental, Insurance, Surety, Cyber, and Government Contracts law. P&A works extensively with experienced consultants engaged in forensic accounting; private investigation/surveillance; on-site security; data security, PR and Media relations; and employee counseling and support, among other specialties.
P&A’s holistic response respects client priorities, protects legal rights and addresses our clients’ specific areas of concern, both immediate and long-term, following a crisis.
While most crises cannot be predicted, they can be anticipated. P&A’s Crisis Management Team can respond to any emergency as well as prepare your organization to respond should one occur.
Please contact our Team leaders, Doris D. Short or Michael C. Zisa for more information.
Related Practice Areas