Gregory A. Eichorn
Gregory A. Eichorn serves as a partner at the firm’s Chicago office. His primary area of practice is construction law. This includes representing general contractors, construction managers, owners/developers, subcontractors and other construction professionals. Greg has extensive experience in negotiating complex construction contracts for sports stadia, office buildings, hospitals, residential high-rises, specialty construction, renovations, and all levels of public and private schools and universities.
Gregory A. Eichorn
P +1 312.881.6300
F +1 312.435.2482
"Our team proactively protects the interests of clients in the construction industry, working with companies through all phases of their projects wherever the locale."
Greg currently represents some of the nation’s largest contractors, and his practice involves the resolution of complex construction disputes through negotiations, mediation, and, when necessary, arbitration and litigation for issues including breach of contract, liens, delays, wrongful termination, impacts, defective work and design, governmental audits, inefficiencies, bonds and insurance claims.
Greg’s background in construction and the law has afforded him with a unique ability to troubleshoot difficult issues before they become formal disputes through counseling, best practices, innovation, strategic solutions, and risk assessment and management.
Greg has a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from the University of Illinois. His law degree at John Marshall Law School was earned while he worked full time for the nation’s largest general building contractor and construction manager in a variety of roles, ranging from cost and scheduling engineer, project accountant, senior engineer, project superintendent, and then serving as Corporate Counsel. Greg is admitted to practice in the State of Illinois. He serves as an adjunct professor of construction contracts and disputes at Northwestern University.
• State of Illinois
• Northwestern University, adjunct professor
• Northwestern University MPM Program, advisory board member
Education & Courses
• University of Illinois, B.S.
• John Marshall Law School, J.D
Awards & Recognitions
• Chambers USA, 2022
• Illinois Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, 2008-2009
Publications & Presentations
• “A High Stakes Game: Managing Risk for Stadium & Entertainment Projects”, Construction SuperConference, December 2019 (Presenter)
• “Candor and Camaraderie Can’t Always Avoid Disputes, Managing Risk on Alternative Delivery Projects, and Trends in Dispute Resolution for Construction Projects,” ASCE Construction Institute, October 2019 (Presenter)
• “Exploring Below the Surface: The 2018 EJCDC Construction Series Documents,” ABA Webinar, June 2019 (Presenter)
• “Identifying, Avoiding, Mitigating and Insuring Environmental Risk in Construction,” The Union League Club, October 2015 (Panelist)
News & Events
• Chambers USA Names Peckar & Abramson to Band 1 Level in Construction Law and Government Contracts; 25 P&A Lawyers Recognized as Leading Attorneys; Six Regions Recognized
• 2019 Construction Super Conference
• ASCE Illinois Chapter’s Construction Institute Seminar
• ABA Webinar: Exploring Below the Surface: The 2018 EJCDC Construction Series Documents