Charles E. Williams, III
Charles E. Williams III, is a partner in the Construction and Real Estate Law practices at Peckar & Abramson. He focuses his practice on construction, real property and government relations issues and commercial litigation, including the representation of sureties.
Charles E. Williams, III
New York, NY
P +1 212.382.0909
F +1 212.382.3456
"The heightened level of scrutiny among law enforcement agencies will only increase as regulators attempt to satisfy a growing demand for accountability with the use of public funds."
Charles has tried numerous cases in New York State courts and has frequently represented clients in actions in the federal courts in both New York and New Jersey. In addition, Charles has conducted numerous seminars for both clients and governmental entities concerning the laws and regulations that govern the certification of Minority/Women and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (M/W/DBE) and the computation of the participation of these businesses on projects to satisfy statutory and/or contractual utilization goals.
Prior to joining Peckar & Abramson, Charles served as vice president and general counsel of the New York City School Construction Authority, as well as counsel to the Borough President of Manhattan, general counsel to the New York Department of State and acting secretary of the State of New York. He has also served as assistant counsel to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
Charles is admitted to practice in the State of New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. He received his bachelor of arts degree from Franklin & Marshall College and his law degree from Columbia University School of Law.
• State of New York
• United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Education & Courses
• Franklin & Marshall College, B.A.
• Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• New York Metro Super Lawyers - Construction, 2006-2022
• Building Trades Employers’ Association (BTEA), MWBE Leadership Award, 2021
• City & State New York’s MWBE Power 50 List, 2021
Publications & Presentations
• “MWBE Issues in Construction,” 2020 Anchin Conference, February 2020 (Presenter)
• “Growth Strategies: Teaming, Joint Ventures and Partnering,” 2019 New York State MWBE Forum, October 2019 (Panelist)
• “Project Labor Agreements: Growing Your Company with Union Experience,” 2018 New York State MWBE Forum, October 2018 (Presenter)
News & Events
• Super Lawyers® Names 18 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2022 New York List; Paul Monte Selected to Top 100 List
• Peckar & Abramson Partner Charles E. Williams, III Receives the Building Trades Employers’ Association (BTEA)’s 2021 MWBE Leadership Award
• Super Lawyers® Names 18 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2021 New York Lists; Paul Monte Selected to Top 100 List
• Peckar & Abramson Attorney Charles Williams Named to City & State New York’s MWBE Power 50 List