Matthew S.C. Moore
Based in Houston, TX, Matt Moore is the managing partner of Peckar & Abramson’s Texas offices and a member of the firm’s Construction and Surety practice groups. His practice is focused primarily on the transactional, litigation and dispute resolution aspects of Construction Law.
"I am always amazed by the deep level of thought and detail by everyone at P&A in every case and for every client. In complex construction matters, there is no one better to have on your team than P&A."
• State of Texas
• United States Supreme Court
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
• United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
• State Bar of Texas (Construction Law Section Member, 2006-present and Governing Board Member, 2018-present)
• Houston Bar Association (Construction Law Section Chair, 2015-2016 and Governing Council, 2010-2014)
• Houston Arboretum & Nature Center (Board Member, 2015-present)
• Association of General Contractors (Houston Chapter, Education Committee (past-Chair) & Government Affairs (Committee Member), Contract Documents Forum)
• Associated Builders and Contractors – Greater Houston Chapter
Education & Courses
• University of Texas, Austin, B.A.
• Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Texas Board of Legal Specialization: Board Certified – Construction Law
• Best Lawyers, 2019-2023
• Chambers USA, Construction, 2021-2022
• Texas Super Lawyers, 2017-2022
• Texas Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Construction Law Litigation, 2012-2016
• The Legal 500: United States, “Recommended Lawyer”, 2021-2022
• Texas Bar Foundation Life Fellow since 2015
Publications & Presentations
• “The Force Majeure Doctrine and Standard Construction Form Contract Provisions: Revisiting an Old Contract Provision During These New Uncertain Times,” Construction Law Journal, July 2021.
• “Texas Construction Law Basics,” AGC Houston Webinar, April 2021.
• “Start Stop Continue: Evaluating, Documenting, and Recovering from COVID-19 Delays,” Webinar with Anthony Gonzales of Spire Consulting Group, May 2020.
• “The Future of the Construction Industry,” Moderator, June, 2019.
• “It’s Like Déjà vu all over again: A look at the 2017 AIA A201 General Conditions,” Construction law Foundation of Texas 31st Annual Construction Law Conference, March 2018.
• Texas Legislative Update, July 2017.
• The 2017 Changes to the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Standard Form Contracts, May 2017.
• “Improving the Project Outcome with Accurate and Effective Construction Contracting,” HalfMoon Seminar, May 2016.
• “Dealing with Bid Mistakes,” American Subcontractors Association - Houston Chapter, October 2014.
• “Liability for Defects and Failures,” HalfMoon Seminar, March 2014.
• “Collections: Get it Right from the Start,” American Subcontractors Association - Houston Chapter, January 2014.
• “Managing Construction Projects: A Legal Perspective, American Subcontractors Association,” Houston Chapter, January 2014.
• “The Successful Preparation and Use of Construction Experts, The Basic Course in Texas Construction Law,” November 2013.
• “Killer Contract Clauses in Construction,” Roofing Contractors Association of Texas 37th Annual Conference and Tradeshow, September 2012.
• “What Young Lawyers Should Know About Mediation,” Panel Discussion, The 2012 Annual Conference on ADR.
• “Texas Legislative Wrap-up,” Build Houston, August 2011.
• “Removables, Liens and Foreclosures, National Association of Credit Management,” April 2011.
• “E.I.F.S. after Fresh Coat v. K-2, Inc.: Enforcing Indemnity for Sellers in Products Liability Actions,” State Bar of Texas Construction Law Conference, March 2011 (co-author).
• “Conquering the Ever Changing World of Change Orders,” American Subcontractors Association - Houston Chapter, 2010.
• “Texas Legislative Wrap-Up,” Build Houston, December 2009/January 2010.
• “Professional Liability Insurance: It’s Not Just for Architects and Engineers,” Build Houston, June/July 2009 (co-author).
• “Legal Aspects of Building Codes,” Lorman Seminar, May 2009.
• “Bankruptcy Law’s Effect on the Texas Construction Industry,” San Antonio Construction News, August 2005 (co-author).
• “House Bills Affecting the Construction Industry,” San Antonio Construction News, August 2005 (co-author).
• “General Contractor Warranties,” San Antonio Construction News, September 2005 (co-author).
News & Events
• Super Lawyers® Names 12 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2022 Texas Lists; Jeff Ford & Matt Moore Selected to Top 100 List
• The Legal 500 U.S. 2022 Guide Names Peckar & Abramson a Top Tier Firm in Construction Law and Recognizes 14 Attorneys
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
• Peckar & Abramson’s Growth in Texas Brings New Leadership