Patrick J. Greene, Jr.
Patrick Greene is a senior partner in the firm’s Construction and Infrastructure Practices and co-chair of Peckar & Abramson’s Government Contracting & Infrastructure Practice, leading the firm’s state and local government contracting efforts. In nearly 40 years of practice, Pat has advised some of the nation’s largest construction contractors, construction managers and design/builders regarding performance and compliance issues in contracting in the public and private sectors, including, especially, state and federal government contracting.
"It is gratifying that we strive constantly to help our clients execute projects effectively and profitably – with an avoidance of litigation. But it is equally gratifying to recognize that our clients know, if litigation becomes necessary, we will aggressively and effectively pursue our clients' interests in any forum in the country or the world."
• State of New Jersey
• State of New York
• Supreme Court of New Jersey
• New York Supreme Court - Admitted in Third Department
• United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
• United States Court of Federal Claims
• United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (by admission to the former U.S. Court of Claims)
• United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• Construction Litigation Committee of the Litigation Section of the American Bar Association, past co-chairman and past publications editor
• New Jersey State Bar Association Construction and Public Contract Law Section, past co-chairman
Education & Courses
• St. Peter’s College, B.A
• Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Chambers USA, Construction Law, New Jersey, 2020-2023
• Best Lawyers, 2007-2024
• Best Lawyers, "Lawyer of the Year" in Litigation - Construction - Hackensack region, 2021-2022
• The Legal 500: United States, “Recommended Lawyer,” 2022
• Who's Who Legal: Construction
• New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2007-2023
• New York-Metro Super Lawyers, 2009-2023
• Bergen Magazine, Top Lawyer - Construction, 2020-2022
Publications & Presentations
• “Federal Government Contracting: Year in Review,” Peckar & Abramson webinar, January 2022
• “The More the Merrier: Trials and Tribulations of Presenting and Defending Construction Claims Involving Class Actions, Multi-Plaintiff and Multi-Defendant Jury and Bench Trials,” Construction SuperConference, December 2021
• “2021 Construction Law Forum,” New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education and NJSBA Construction Law Section, June 2021.
• “Federal Government Contracting: Year in Review-Construction Edition,” Peckar & Abramson Webinar, January 2021.
• “Federal Government Contracting: Year in Review,” Peckar & Abramson Webinar, December 2020.
• “Representations and Certifications: Implementing Processes to Protect Executives and the Company,” Construction Executive, July 2020.
• “Analysis- Virus Related Legal Issues,” Third Thursdays with the Construction Super Conference (CSC), July 2020.
• “COVID-19 Site Safety Protocols and Revised OSHA Enforcement Guidance,” South Florida AGC Webinar, June 2020.
• “Going Back to Work – Starting or Restarting a Construction Project During the Pandemic,” Peckar & Abramson Client Alert, May 2020 (co-author)
• "COVID-19 Damage and Time Recovery: Contract Checklist and Analysis," Peckar & Abramson Client Alert, April 2020
• "You've Been Suspended - Were You Ready?" Peckar & Abramson Client Alert, March 2020 (co-author)
• "But the Termination Is Not Convenient: Use of the Termination for Convenience Clause and Determining Costs Arising in a Termination for Convenience", Construction SuperConference, December 2019
• “Fundamentals of Construction Law: Learning from the Pros,” presented by the American Bar Association, November 2016.
• "Site Conditions: Are They Different?" presented with Langan Engineering, September 2016.
• “Yes, You Can Try a Construction Case: Planning and Handling a Construction Trial from Voir Dire to Closing Argument,” ABA East Coast Regional Construction Trial Program, March, 2016.
• "Asserting, Proving and Quantifying Subcontract Claims," Construction Subcontracting: A Comprehensive Practical and Legal Guide, May 2014.
• “Construction Law Basics,” West Orange, NJ, March, 2014.
• “Ethical Lapses and Criminality in Construction Procurement and Staffing,” Construction SuperConference, December, 2013.
• Construction Accounting: A Guide for Attorneys and Other Professionals, 2010 (edited by Patrick J. Greene, Jr., et al.).
• “What Every Construction Lawyer Should Know About the Stimulus Act.” Breakfast Club in New York City, December 7, 2010.
• “What Every Lawyer Needs to Know about the Economic Stimulus Act,” December 6, 2010.
• “Use of Subguard Insurance on Government Contracts: Insurance for Government Contracts,” October 26, 2010.
• “Subcontractor Failures: What Can You Do To Minimize the Risk and Seek Aggressive Recovery?” September 30, 2010.
• “Contracting With State and Local Governments and Private Parties on Projects Funded by the Stimulus Act,” June 11, 2010.
• “The Age of Turbulence: Plenary 5: Damages Beyond the Contract,” Moderator, Austin, TX, April, 2010.
• “Recent Ethics Regulations Amending the FAR,” Construct!, Winter 2009 (William W. (Tom) Thompson and Patrick J. Greene, Jr.).
• “New Opportunities,” Building & Construction Northeast, Fall 2009 (William W. (Tom) Thompson and Patrick J. Greene, Jr.).
• "Stimulus Funds," Building & Construction Northeast, Autumn 2009.
• “The New Stakes in Doing Business with the Federal Government” by Construct!, Vol. 16 No. 3, Summer 2007 (Adrian L. Bastianelli, III and Patrick J. Greene, Jr.).
• “Defending a Civil False Claims Act Case: Practical Considerations,” American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry, September 2007.
• “New Jersey’s Lien Laws: Update,” 2001 through 2016.
News & Events
• Peckar & Abramson Once Again Has Largest Total Number of US Attorneys Ranked by Who’s Who Legal: Construction 2023 and Is the Only US Firm in The Top Five; Denis Serkin One of Only Three US Attorneys Recognized as a Future Leader
• Super Lawyers® Names 20 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2023 New York List; Gregory Chertoff & Paul Monte Selected to Top 100 List
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2024
• Chambers USA Names Peckar & Abramson to Band 1 Level in Construction Law; 28 P&A Lawyers Recognized as Leading Attorneys; Six Regions and Government Contracts Practice Recognized