Christopher B. Kinzel
Christopher B. Kinzel is a partner in the firm’s New York office. Highly experienced in construction law, Chris focuses his practice on representing construction managers and general contractors in commercial litigation, transactional matters, and providing practical advice and workable commercial strategies for addressing existing problems and avoiding or mitigating new problems going forward.
"If you do not know or understand how your client's business actually operates, you cannot hope to give them meaningful guidance. We are obsessed with delivering unparalleled legal counsel in every aspect of the construction industry –and that begins and ends with our deep understanding and genuine appreciation of our clients' profession."
• State of New York
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
Education & Courses
• New York Law School, J.D.
• Franklin & Marshall College, B.A.
Awards & Recognitions
• Best Lawyers, 2024
• New York Super Lawyers, 2023
• New York Super Lawyers “Rising Star”, 2013, 2016-2017
• Martindale- Hubbell, AV Preeminent Rated, 2013-2022
• ALM & Martindale-Hubbell, “New York’s Top Rated Lawyers”, 2019-2020
Publications & Presentations
• “New York Establishes a Registration Requirement for Contractors and Subcontractors Performing Public Works and Covered Private Projects,” P&A Client Alert, January 2023 (Co-Author)
• “Construction Industry Law,” Columbia University Graduate School of Civil Engineering- Invited Guest Lecturer, Spring 2023
• “Understanding Carlos’ Law,” ABC Empire State Webinar, August 2022
• "Liquidated Damages: Six Points Contractors Should Understand" Construction Executive, October 2021
• "Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Guidance For Contractors," P&A Client Alert, March 2020
• "New York Appellate Court Weighs in on Notice of Claim Requirements," The Association of General Contractors of America - AGC Law in Brief, Vol. 1, No. 5, November, 2015
• "Dueling Appellate Departments: Differing Interpretations of Prompt Payment Act," ConcensusDocs -Construction Law Newsletter, Vol. 1, Issue 4, August, 2015
News & Events
• Super Lawyers® Names 20 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2023 New York List; Gregory Chertoff & Paul Monte Selected to Top 100 List
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2024
• American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell Name 18 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys “New York’s Top-Rated Lawyers”
• Peckar & Abramson, P.C. Welcomes Levi Barrett, Denis Ducran, and Christopher Kinzel as Partners; Announces Additional Promotions to Senior Counsel and Senior Associate Ranks