Jerry P. Brodsky
Jerry Brodsky is a partner and director of Peckar & Abramson’s Latin American practice. Jerry is trilingual (English/Spanish/Portuguese) and is certified by the Florida Bar as a Construction Law Specialist. Many of Jerry’s matters involve multi-cultural domestic or cross-border transactions and disputes.
Jerry P. Brodsky
Director - Latin American Practice
P +1 305.358.2600
F +1 305.375.0328
"At P&A, we assist clients through every stage of the project cycle—from contract negotiation and risk management, to dispute resolution programs and compliance."
His practice includes the representation of international and domestic general contractors, construction managers, sureties and other construction professionals in the United States and throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, in the preparation of contract documents, negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation of construction contract claims, construction and design defect claims, insurance claims, surety bond claims and related matters.
Jerry’s practice and experience includes mega-projects for transportation and other infrastructures, as well as industrial, commercial and residential engineering and construction projects. Jerry also provides training services and counseling to domestic and international clients in the areas of contract negotiation, compliance and legal project administration/risk management. In 2021, he completed FIDIC Certified Course Module 2: Claims and Disputes Resolution.
Jerry represents and has served as project counsel during the procurement, negotiation, implementation, administration and post-completion phases of mega-projects, using both traditional and project finance/public-private partnership delivery models.
Jerry also serves as referee and dispute board member in international disputes involving construction of infrastructure projects in Central America and has been engaged to develop, implement and administer a program of dispute boards for world sporting events in Brazil.
Jerry is admitted to practice in the State of Florida and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Florida. He is a member of the Florida Bar and the Dade County Bar, and serves as Chair of the International Division of the Forum on Construction of the American Bar Association and Secretary of Region 4 – Latin America of the Dispute Resolution Board Foundation. He received his bachelor of science in industrial engineering from Lehigh University and his law degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Miami.
• State of Florida
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
• Florida Bar Association
• American Bar Association (International Division Chair)
• Dispute Resolution Board Foundation (Region 4 - Latin America Secretary)
• Dade County Bar Association
Education & Courses
• Lehigh University, B.S.
• University of Miami School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
• FIDIC Module 2: Claims and Disputes Resolution
Awards & Recognitions
• Who’s Who Legal: Construction
• Chambers USA, Construction Law, Florida, 2020-2022
• The Legal 500: United States, “Recommended Lawyer”, 2022
• Florida Super Lawyers, 2018-2020, 2022
• Best Lawyers, 2010-2023
• South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer, 2021
• Florida Bar Board Certified Construction Law Specialist
Publications & Presentations
• “The Role of Arbitration in the Current Worldwide Economic Crisis – Dispute Boards,” XII Convencion Centroamericana y Del Caribe de Centros de Arbitraje, October 2022 (Speaker)
• “International Practices in Construction Law,” III International Congress on Construction Law, Instituto Peruano de Arbitraje, October 2022 (Speaker)
• “Dispute Board Procedures and Practice,” International Construction Arbitration: Core Concepts for Arbitration Practitioners, August 2022 (Speaker)
• “Ethics, Advocacy, and Expert Independence,” Society of Construction Law North America‘s 2022 Conference, July 2022 (Speaker)
• “Dispute Board - Legislative Aspects,” Dispute Resolution Board Foundation (DRBF) Central America Conference, June 2022 (Moderator)
• “Impacts of the Latest Developments and Tendencies on the Project Lifecycle,” Episode 3 - Construlegal Knowledge Exchange Series, March 2022 (Moderator)
• “Contractors Should Expect a New Wave of Climate-Resilient Projects,” P&A Client Alert, December 2021 (Co-Author)
• “Construction Projects and Infrastructure 2021,” Practising Law Institute (PLI) Program, May 2021 (Speaker)
• “Impacts of COVID-19 Pandemic on Project Lifecycle,” Construlegal Knowledge Exchange Series, March and October 2021 (Speaker)
• “Bridging The Americas – Part 2,” American Bar Association’s Forum on Construction Law Webinar, March 2021 (Moderator)
• “Bridging the Americas,” American Bar Association’s Forum on Construction Law Webinar, February 2021 (Speaker)
• “International Congress on Construction Law,” Peruvian Arbitration Institute Program, November 2020 (Speaker)
• “Public Infrastructure Delivery: Alternative Procurement Challenges and Opportunities,” International Bar Association’s 2020 Conference, November 2020 (Presenter)
• “Navigating the Challenges of Multinational Projects,” Dispute Resolution Board Foundation Connections Conference, October, 2020 (Speaker)
• “Contracts for Mega Projects in Latin America,” Venezuelan Chamber of Construction, October, 2020 (Speaker)
• “COVID in the Americas – A Review of Impacts, Responses, Challenges for Construction Sectors,” Daily Business Review/Law.com, September, 2020 (Author)
• “COVID-19 Leadership Series: International Perspectives on COVID-19,” American Bar Association’s Forum on Construction Law, June, 2020 (Speaker)
• “The Deal that Saved the Panama Canal,” 2017 Annual Construction Law Institute, March 2017 (Speaker)
• “Expert Testimony: Hot-Tubbing in Legal Proceedings,” Daily Business Review, November 2016 (Co-Author)
News & Events
• Peckar & Abramson Partner Jerry Brodsky Named a Fellow of the American College of Construction Lawyers
• ABA Forum on Construction Law 2023 Midwinter Meeting – “Workshop A: Comparative Perspectives for Meeting Universal Challenges on International Construction Projects”
• DRBF Latin America Regional Conference – “DBs, JRDs and Amicable Compositeur: are they all the same?”
• XII Central American and Caribbean Convention of Arbitration Centers – “The Role of Arbitration in the Current Worldwide Economic Crisis – Dispute Boards”