Paul F. Williamson
Paul focuses his practice on construction, government contracts law, and complex commercial litigation. He is a senior associate in Peckar & Abramson’s Washington, D.C. office, and has successfully represented general contractors, subcontractors, and owners in litigation in federal and state courts in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia, New York, and California, as well as before various boards of contract appeals. Paul leverages his trial and alternative dispute resolution experience to help clients develop risk management strategies to allow them to focus on their businesses.
Paul F. Williamson
P +1 202.293.8815
F +1 202.293.7994
“At P&A, we deliver preventive risk management that saves our clients time and money, so they can focus on what they do best.”
Paul represents general contractors, subcontractors, owners, and developers in all aspects of construction-related disputes on both private and public projects, including, but not limited to trial, alternative trial dispute resolution, dispositions, appeals, and employment of pre-litigation and risk mitigation strategies. He also has experience representing multinational and domestic corporations and municipal entities in complex commercial litigation, civil antitrust litigation, government investigations, labor and employment, arbitrations, and mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to entering private practice, Paul was a judicial intern for The Honorable Mae A. D’Agostino and The Honorable Lawrence E. Kahn in the Northern District of New York. He also worked in the defense industry for several years, focusing on FAR compliance, contract pricing, financial risk analysis, and preparation of proposals as part of Northrop Grumman’s New Business Acquisition unit. Paul earned his B.A. from Dickinson College and J.D. from Albany Law School, where he was the Executive Editor for Business of the Albany Law Review.
• District of Colombia
• State of Maryland
• State of New York
• State of Virginia
• United States District Court for the District of Columbia
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• Associated Builders and Contractors
• Associated General Contractors of America
• American Subcontractors Association Metro Washington (Frontrunners Committee)
• Washington Building Congress (Hammerheads Committee)
Education & Courses
• Albany Law School, J.D.
• Dickinson College, B.A.
Publications & Presentations
• “The Uncertain Future of the TCPA in the Trump Era,” Bloomberg BNA, May 8, 2017 (Co-Author)
• “The Current Landscape of Covid-19 Force Majeure Litigation,” Construction Today by General Building Ccontractors Association, March 29, 2021, at 26-27 (Co-Author)