Texas Lien Law After the 87th Texas Legislative Session
Location: Via Webinar
Start Date: February 1, 2022
End Date: February 1, 2022
Start Time: 10:30 am ct
End Time: 11:30 am ct
Speaker(s): Angela A.L. Connor,
Practice Area(s): Construction & Infrastructure,Register
Angela Connor, a partner in Peckar & Abramson’s Houston office, will present “Texas Lien Law After the 87th Texas Legislative Session” during the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)’s Houston Chapter February education event. The webinar will take place on February 1 from 10:30am to 11:30am CT.
Angela will discuss the recently passed legislation that included the first substantive changes to the Texas Mechanic’s Lien statute since 2003. The changes, which are effective for original contracts entered into on or after January 1, 2022, created a new class of mechanic’s lien claimants, and overhauled the notice and lien filing requirements for subcontractors to perfect their mechanic’s lien claims, among other things. Following this presentation, the attendees will be aware of the following changes:
- Subcontractor monthly notice requirements
- Mandatory form of notice required for subcontractors
- New deadlines for filing mechanic’s lien affidavits
- New deadline to foreclose mechanic’s liens on commercial projects
- Elimination of general contractor’s obligation to provide the owner written objection of a subcontractor’s claim
- Changes to statutory conditional and unconditional lien waivers
CPE credits are available.
Click here to register.
Please note a small fee applies for non members.