Richard E. Briansky
Rich Briansky, a partner in Peckar & Abramson’s Boston office, is an avid litigator focusing his practice on the representation of construction clients. He has extensive experience representing general contractors, owners, subcontractors, suppliers, developers, sureties, and financial institutions in complex construction, real estate, and general commercial disputes. His representations include delay and productivity claims, construction defect claims, lease and build-out disputes, and shareholder and franchise disputes, among others.
Richard E. Briansky
P +1 857.284.8155
F +1 617.206.1998
“At P&A, we have a long and proud history of commitment to client service and legal excellence, always putting our clients’ best interests first. I’m proud to bring this level of client dedication to Boston.”
Rich’s practice focuses primarily on litigating and trying construction related matters for general contractors and construction managers. For many clients, he also serves as in-house counsel, advising GC/CMs and other businesses in order to achieve their strategic business goals. In addition, Rich’s practice extends to real estate litigation and he represents a small group of corporate clients and developers in general commercial litigation matters.
Rich’s recent experience includes the representation of:
- a general contractor against a $26 million delay and impact claim
- a general contractor and developer against a $10 million construction defect claim
- a general contractor in a $6 million delay and impact claim against a Canadian modular manufacturer
- a general contractor to compel a performance bond surety to pay costs of completion
- a developer against claim for breach of an option agreement
- a commercial tenant to recover $3.2 million for breach of lease/build-out agreement
Rich’s recent published decisions include:
- Cygilant Inc. v. 31-34 Nagog Park LLC, 99 Mass App Ct. 1120 (2021)
- Buffalo-Water 1, LLC v Fidelity Real Estate Company, LLC, 481 Mass 13 (2018)
- RFF Family Partnership v. Burns & Levinson LLP, 465 Mass. 702 (2013)
- GMAC Mortgage LLC v. First Am. Title Ins. Co., 464 Mass. 733 (2013)
- Deutsche Bank National Ass’n v. First Am. Title Ins. Co., 465 Mass. 733 (2013)
- Eaton v. Federal Nat. Mortg. Ass’n, 462 Mass. 569 (2012)
- Everbank v. Marini, 134 A.3d 189 (ME 2015)
- Knope v. Green Tree Servicing LLC, No. 15-515 (ME 2016)
- University of Notre Dame (USA) in England v. TJAC Waterloo LLC, (1st Cir. 2017)
- RFF Family Partnership LP v. Link Development LLC, (1st Cir. 2016)
Rich has also represented lenders, mortgage loan servicers, and government- sponsored entities in state and federal courts throughout New England. In the last four years, Rich has appeared and argued in six consumer finance-related cases before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, Vermont Supreme Court, and First Circuit Court of Appeals.
Rich is a member of the Boston Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association, NAIOP, and the AGC of Massachusetts. In 2021, Rich was named to Boston Magazine‘s Top Lawyers list in Construction Litigation, and he has previously been named to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star list. Rich received his J.D. from the Boston University School of Law and his B.A. from Clark University.
• State of Massachusetts
• State of Maine
• State of Vermont
• Boston Bar Association
• Massachusetts Bar Association
• NAIOP, The Association for Commercial Real Estate
• Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts
Education & Courses
• Clark University, B.A.
• Boston University School of Law, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Boston Magazine Top Lawyers, Construction Litigation, 2021
• Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010-2011
• Cygilant Inc. v. 31-34 Nagog Park LLC, 99 Mass App Ct. 1120 (2021)
• Buffalo-Water 1, LLC v Fidelity Real Estate Company, LLC, 481 Mass 13 (2018)
• RFF Family Partnership v. Burns & Levinson LLP, 465 Mass. 702 (2013)
• GMAC Mortgage LLC v. First Am. Title Ins. Co., 464 Mass. 733 (2013)
• Deutsche Bank National Ass’n v. First Am. Title Ins. Co., 465 Mass. 733 (2013)
• Eaton v. Federal Nat. Mortg. Ass’n, 462 Mass. 569 (2012)
• Everbank v. Marini, 134 A.3d 189 (ME 2015).
• Knope v. Green Tree Servicing LLC, No. 15-515 (ME 2016).
• University of Notre Dame (USA) in England v. TJAC Waterloo LLC, (1st Cir. 2017)
• RFF Family Partnership LP v. Link Development LLC, (1st Cir. 2016)