Brett J. Moritz
Brett J. Moritz is a senior associate in Peckar & Abramson’s Miami office. He focuses on transactional matters and a variety of litigation issues, representing developers, contractors, and other construction professionals in all manners of commercial disputes.
Brett J. Moritz
P +1 305.358.2600
F +1 305.375.0328
“An effective and overarching defense strategy is proactive, with both the client and counsel continuing to evaluate that strategy to meet the needs of the client and productively resolve the matter.”
Brett works with clients before, during and after construction drafting/negotiating contracts, project administration to avoid disputes and ensure project success and, where unavoidable, the litigation of claims.
Brett graduated magna cum laude from the University of Miami in 2012, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. He went on to receive a Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law where he graduated magna cum laude and as a member of the Order of the Coif. While in law school, Brett was a member of the University of Miami Law Review, and he received the CALI Award for Excellence in Business Associations as well as the Dean’s Certificate of Achievement Award in Torts, Contracts, and Property. He also participated in the Litigation Skills Program, where he received honors in both the pre-trial and trial classes.
• State of Florida
• Associated Builders and Contractors (Florida East Coast Chapter, Young Professionals Committee)
Education & Courses
• University of Miami, B.A., magna cum laude
• University of Miami School of Law, J. D., magna cum laude
Awards & Recognitions
• Best Lawyers, 2023
• Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” 2022
• Order of the Coif, Dean’s Merit Scholarship, Honors in Litigation Skills Trial and Pre-trial Classes, CALI Award for Excellence in Business Associations, Dean’s Certificate of Achievement Award in Torts, Contracts, and Property
Publications & Presentations
• “Tariffs, a Pandemic and War: Construction Contracts Must Withstand the Unforeseeable,” Construction Executive, May 2022 (co-author).
• “South Florida’s Aging Infrastructure: Land of Perils and Opportunities,” Daily Business Review/Law.com, June 2020.
• “A Florida Shake Up”, CLM Construction Claims Magazine, Summer 2018
• "Chapter 558 Process Labeled ‘Alternative Dispute Resolution", Florida’s Supreme Court” CONSTRUCTive Talk, Vol. III, Issue III, 2017
News & Events
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
• Super Lawyers® Names Eight Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2022 Florida Super Lawyers & Rising Stars Lists; Stephen H. Reisman Selected to Top 100
• Peckar & Abramson, PC Welcomes Angela Connor, Freddy X. Muñoz, and Brian D. Waller to the Firm’s Partnership; Announces Additional Promotions to Senior Counsel and Senior Associate Ranks
• Brett Moritz Published in Daily Business Review/Law.com