Tiffany A. Harrod
Tiffany Harrod is a partner in Peckar & Abramson’s Houston and Austin office, where she concentrates her practice on construction and commercial litigation. She works with business owners, developers, designers, engineers, and contractors on various matters, including contract negotiations, lien and bond issues, defect claims, non-payment claims, alternative dispute resolution, and arbitrations.
Tiffany A. Harrod
P +1 512.236.0009
F +1 512.236.0689
P +1 713.568.1500
F +1 713.568.1490
"Our team of highly effective advocates is ready, willing, and able to fight for our clients to the bitter end, no matter the nature of a commercial business dispute."
Tiffany has more than fourteen years of experience in commercial litigation. She is the Immediate Past Chair of the Houston Bar Association Construction Law Section and is active in the State Bar of Texas. Tiffany has experience in energy litigation involving both onshore and offshore projects, construction, insurance, professional liability, products liability and maritime law. She has trial experience in state and federal courts throughout Texas and has tried numerous cases to verdict in Harris County, Texas.
She regularly speaks at industry conferences and is passionate about her work. She works with business owners, developers, designers, engineers and contractors on various matters, including contract negotiations, lien and bond issues, defect claims, non-payment claims, alternative dispute resolution and arbitrations. Tiffany diligently advocates on her clients’ behalf and works hard to efficiently manage complex commercial disputes.
• State of Texas
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
• United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
• American Bar Association
• Associated Builders & Contractors
• Associated General Contractors
• Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Houston Bar Association
• Houston Bar Association, Construction Law Section (Immediate Past Chair)
• Pile Driving Contractors Association (PDCA)
• State Bar Association
• State Bar of Texas Women and the Law
• Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Education & Courses
• South Texas College of Law, Houston, J.D.
• University of Texas at Austin, B.S.
Awards & Recognitions
• Chambers USA, "Up and Coming," Construction, Texas 2022
• Thomas Reuters - Texas Rising Star, 2017
Publications & Presentations
• “Professionalism, Friendship and Collaboration in the Age of COVID,” The Houston Lawyer: Construction Section Spotlight, April 2022 (Author).
• “Daubert Motions in Construction Litigation: Standards for Expert Witnesses in Design and Defect Claims,” Strafford Logistics, February 2022 (Speaker).
• “Risk Planning,” Risk Management in Underground Construction Conference, March 2020 (Speaker).
• “It Pays to Be Prepared: SSA No-Match Letters, Form I-9 Compliance & Immigration Clauses in Construction Contracts,” PileDriver Magazine, 2019 (Author).
• “Lost Profits in Commercial Litigation: Proving and Defending Damages,” Stafford Webinar CLE, January 2018 (Speaker).
• “TxDOT’s October 2017 E-Verify Requirements for Prime Contractors & Subcontractors,” Build Houston, November 17 (Author).
• “P3 Project Delivery 101,” Construction Executive, April 2013 (Author).
• “How to Proactively Control E-Discovery Costs,” Constructor Magazine, September 2012 (Author).
• “Managing the Cost of E-Discovery,” Construction Executive, July 2012 (Author).