Robert A. Drucker
Robert Drucker is a co-managing partner at Peckar & Abramson. He is a structural design engineer and has had substantial hands-on experience in both the construction industry and in the curtain wall industry before becoming a construction lawyer. His technical background, and his ability to read and understand design drawings and specifications, coupled with over 30 years of handling construction disputes at Peckar & Abramson, has provided him with the ability to analyze the highly technical aspects of matters and to develop solutions for clients from both technical and legal standpoints.
Robert A. Drucker
Co-Managing Partner, New Jersey Office
River Edge, NJ
P +1 201.343.3434
F +1 201.343.6306
"We have worked on many complex matters for some of the nation's largest construction companies and that gives us experience and insight others can't replicate."
Rob’s practice involves a full spectrum of services to the construction industry, including the formation and negotiation of construction contracts, bid protests, and extensive counseling to clients during the performance of the project and the resolution of claims, including complex claims pertaining to extra work, defective work claims, delays, suspension of work and loss of productivity claims, lien claims, subcontractor claims, safety issues and all aspects of OSHA compliance and litigation, insurance coverage, surety claims and other related issues. Rob represents clients on all types of public and private projects (heavy civil, power, pipelines, transportation (highway, rail, bridge and marine), commercial office buildings, residential communities, hospitals and schools in a variety of forums, including federal and state courts, and appellate courts, and in mediations, arbitrations, dispute resolution boards and administrative boards all over the country.
Rob is the developer of ProjectNotice®, a new software risk management tool for the construction industry. The program is designed to provide instant access to notices mandated by a contract for any notice-triggering event that may occur on a specific project, providing contractual, regulatory and statutory compliance. Rob gives presentations to construction clients throughout the country.
• State of New York
• State of New Jersey
• United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
• United States Court of Federal Claims
• United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Courts for the District of New Jersey
• New Jersey State Bar Association (Construction and Public Contract Sections)
• New York State Bar Association (Municipal and Environmental Sections)
Education & Courses
• Syracuse University, B.S.
• New York Law School, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Best Lawyers, 2010-2023
• Best Lawyers, “Lawyer of the Year” in Construction Law - Hackensack region, 2019
• Best Lawyers, “Lawyer of the Year” in Litigation - Construction - Hackensack region, 2016
• New York-Metro Super Lawyers, 2006-2022
• New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2007-2023
• Bergen Magazine, Top Lawyer - Construction, 2020-2022
• ALM & Martindale-Hubbell “New York Top-Rated Lawyers”, 2020
News & Events
• Super Lawyers® Names 12 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2023 New Jersey Super Lawyers & Rising Stars Lists
• Peckar & Abramson Announces New Executive Committee Members
• Seven Peckar & Abramson Attorneys Named 2022 Top Lawyers by Bergen Magazine
• Super Lawyers® Names 18 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2022 New York List; Paul Monte Selected to Top 100 List