Nicholas J. Zaita
Nicholas J. Zaita, a partner in Peckar & Abramson’s New Jersey office, focuses on construction law and commercial business disputes. Nick has over a decade of litigation experience, representing heavy-highway construction contractors, specialty subcontractors, and engineering firms in state and federal courts in New York and New Jersey. He has consistently helped clients achieve successful results, whether through private mediation, arbitration, or in trial.
“With more construction-focused practitioners than any other law ﬁrm in the country, P&A is the go-to law firm for contractors.”
• State of New York
• State of New Jersey
• United States District Court, District of New Jersey
• United States District Court, Southern District of New York
• United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
• United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
• United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
• Panel Chair, Bergen County District Fee Arbitration Committee for the New Jersey Supreme Court Fee Arbitration Committee
• Bergen County Bar Association
• New Jersey State Bar Association, Construction Section
• ABA Forum on Construction
Education & Courses
• University of Tampa, B.S.
• University of Florida, M.S.
• New York Law School, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2017-2021
Publications & Presentations
• “Navigating the NJDOT Claims Process,” P&A Webinar, June 2022 (co-presenter)
• “Show Me the Money: Who is Responsible for the Impacts of a Differing Site Condition on a Design-Bid-Build Project Versus a Design-Build Project?,” P&A and Langan Engineering Webinar, May 2022 (co-presenter)
• “The Evolution of the Tunneling Industry and How it is Shaping Owner and Contractor Viewpoints on Risk Allocation,” Risk Management in Underground Construction Conference, April 2022 (co-presenter)
• “Degrees of Separation: Owner's Risks in Spinning Specifications from a Joint Venture,” Construction SuperConference, December 2019 (moderator)
• “Be in the Know: The New Era of Contractor-Owner Claims Disputes,” Construction SuperConference, December 2018 (moderator)
• “Not Going Down With The Ship: Managing Risk and Surviving the Struggling Construction Project,” NJICLE, June 2017 (co-presenter)
News & Events
• 2022 AGC NYS Construction Industry Conference – “Understanding Buy America Legislation to Avoid Buying Trouble”
• Navigating the NJDOT Claims Process
• Show Me the Money: Who is Responsible for the Impacts of a Differing Site Condition on a Design-Bid-Build Project Versus a Design-Build Project?
• The Evolution of the Tunneling Industry and How it is Shaping Owner and Contractor Viewpoints on Risk Allocation