Kim Altsuler is co-managing partner of Peckar & Abramson’s Houston office and chair of the firm’s Residential and Multi-Family Construction Practice. Kim also serves as co-chair of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee. While Kim has a diverse litigation practice, her concentration is in all aspects of residential construction, from contracting through dispute resolution.
Co-Managing Partner, Houston Office
Chair - Residential and Multi-Family Construction Practice
P +1 713.568.1500
F +1 713.568.1490
“I am proud to be part of a group of attorneys at P&A who use both experience and creativity to serve our clients’ needs.”
Over the years Kim has handled a variety of complex litigation matters, with residential construction being the primary focus of her practice. Kim represents national, regional, and local homebuilders in all aspects of their business needs, from preparing contracts, to providing counsel on warranty claims, to representing them in mediation, arbitration or trial. Kim joined P&A in 2020 to expand both the resources and the scope of legal services she can provide to her construction clients.
In addition to residential construction, Kim represents commercial contractors and subcontractors in litigation and dispute resolution. She has represented large manufacturers in product liability disputes and has defended personal injury claims. Kim has handled real estate litigation such as nuisance, easement and deed restriction disputes. Kim also maintains a docket of diverse business litigation matters.
Kim earned her B.A. from The University of Texas at Austin in 1993, where she graduated Phi Beta Kappa with honors, and her J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law in 1996.
• State of Texas
• U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
• State Bar of Texas
• Houston Bar Association (Construction Law Section and Litigation Section)
• American Bar Association
• Greater Houston Builder’s Association
Education & Courses
• The University of Texas, B.A.
• The University of Texas, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
• Texas Super Lawyers, Top Women Attorneys in Texas, 2023
• Texas Super Lawyers, 2022
• Best Lawyers - Construction Litigation, 2020-2023
• Top Lawyers in Texas
Publications & Presentations
• “Texas Supreme Court Rules That Subsequent Purchaser of Home Is Bound by Original Homeowner’s Arbitration Agreement With Builder,” P&A Client Alert, May 2023 (Author)
• “Mold—It’s Still Growing! Understanding, Preventing and Responding to Mold in Construction and Renovation,” Construction Executive, June 2021 (Co-Author)
• “The 411 on the RCLA, An In-Depth Analysis of the Texas Residential Construction Liability Act,” 34th Annual Construction Law Conference, March 2021
News & Events
• Groundbreaking Women in Construction Conference – “Adding Tools to Your Toolbox: Enlightened Construction Dispute Resolution Strategies”
• Beat the Heat: Heat Stress Safety Tips for Homebuilders
• Fall Protection in Residential Construction: Risks & Best Practices
• Super Lawyers® Names 12 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2022 Texas Lists; Jeff Ford & Matt Moore Selected to Top 100 List