Freddy X. Muñoz
Freddy X. Muñoz is a partner in Peckar & Abramson’s Miami office. A shrewd business and legal counselor, Freddy handles a wide variety of construction and commercial litigation matters on behalf of his clients. His practice primarily includes the representation of contractors, developers, and other construction professionals in litigation disputes stemming from contract, design, delay, defect, and insurance related matters, as well as creditors and business owners in commercial disputes.
Freddy X. Muñoz
P +1 305.358.2600
F +1 305.375.0328
“As a member of P&A’s construction law practice, I handle a variety of construction and commercial litigation matters. Our team identifies potential disputes throughout the construction process, saving clients time, money, and unnecessary distraction.”
Fluent in both Spanish and English, Freddy provides counsel to a range of U.S. and international clients throughout the construction and business communities. His depth of experience in both the litigation and mediation processes allow him to serve as an effective advocate on behalf of his clients and their business needs.
Prior to entering the legal field, Freddy led a successful career as a Certified Public Accountant and Senior Risk Consultant for a leading international consulting firm. He regularly advised Fortune 500 clients on financial and operational process optimization, risk management, and compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act. His strong background in financial and internal auditing allows him to offer highly insightful legal and business counsel to his clients.
Freddy earned his B.S. in Accounting from University of Central Florida and his J.D. from University of Florida Levin College of Law as a Law Faculty Scholarship recipient.
• State of Florida
• U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
• Dade County Bar Association
• The Florida Bar Young Lawyer’s Division
Education & Courses
• University of Central Florida, B.S.
• University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Florida Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2022
• Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch," 2021-2022
• South Florida Legal Guide, Up & Comers
Publications & Presentations
• “Soaring Construction Material Prices: Tips for Reducing Ever-Increasing Costs,” P&A Client Alert, August 2021 (Co-Author)
• “HR Issues - Coming Back to the New “Normal”,” South Florida Construction Financial Management Association general meeting, May 2021 (Speaker)
• “Lessons Learned From One of Miami’s First Zoom Bench Trials,” Daily Business Review/Law.com, September 2020 (Co-Author)
• “Don’t Be Clueless, Careless or Criminal: How to Legally Operate a Construction Zone Drone,” Daily Business Review, March 2018, (Co-Author).
News & Events
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
• Super Lawyers® Names Eight Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2022 Florida Super Lawyers & Rising Stars Lists; Stephen H. Reisman Selected to Top 100
• Peckar & Abramson, PC Welcomes Angela Connor, Freddy X. Muñoz, and Brian D. Waller to the Firm’s Partnership; Announces Additional Promotions to Senior Counsel and Senior Associate Ranks
• 56 ATTORNEYS WITH NATIONAL CONSTRUCTION LAW FIRM PECKAR & ABRAMSON, P.C. RECOGNIZED BY BEST LAWYERS®