Sewar K. Sunnaa
Sewar K. Sunnaa is a senior associate in Peckar & Abramson’s Los Angeles office, where she focuses her practice on construction and commercial litigation. Sewar defends public and private clients, including contractors, owners, and construction professionals, in litigation disputes involving government liability, general liability and casualty, and professional liability. Sewar represents clients in both California state and Federal courts. In addition to her litigation experience, Sewar has defended clients in mediations and has experience drafting settlement agreements.
Sewar K. Sunnaa
Los Angeles, CA
P +1 310.228.1075
F +1 310.228.1076
Sewar is actively engaged in the Associated General Contractors of America, California Chapter. In 2021, Sewar was named a Member of AGC of California’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Steering Committee, as well as the Emerging Leaders Program.
Sewar earned her B.A. in Government and her B.A. in Spanish from the University of Redlands, graduating magna cum laude, and her J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School. In law school, Sewar was a member and a Managing Editor of the Wisconsin Law Review and a Moot Court competitor and coach. Sewar won Best Oralist of the Year in 2016 after competing at the Ruby R. Vale Corporate Law Moot Court Competition.
• State of California
• United States District Court for the Central District of California
• United States District Court for the Northern District of California
• American Bar Association
• Los Angeles County Bar Association
• Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) of California
• Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) of California, Emerging Leaders
• Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), California Chapter, Diversity Equity and Inclusion Steering Committee
• National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) Los Angeles
Education & Courses
• University of Redlands, B.A., magna cum laude
• University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
Publications & Presentations
• “AB 685 and COVID-19 Workplace Exposure: New California Notice and Reporting Requirements of COVID Exposure Starting January 1, 2021,” P&A Client Alert, January 2021
• “California Mechanics’ Lien Laws and Stop Payment Notices – Session 3,” P&A Rising Star Series Seminar, November 2020