Christopher M. Bletsch
Christopher Bletsch is a partner in Peckar & Abramson’s New York office, where he focuses his practice primarily on construction and other commercial litigation. He counsels general contractors and construction managers on issues such as delay and impact claims, breach of contract, lien foreclosure actions, extra work claims, subcontractor defaults, contract negotiation, project administration, bidding issues, and more.
Christopher M. Bletsch
New York, NY
P +1 212.382.0909
F +1 212.382.3456
"Our team can anticipate and prevent unnecessary disputes in nearly every type of commercial transaction. We strive not just for legal solutions, but for answers that help your business thrive."
Chris has extensive experience litigating cases in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration and mediation, and has tried multiple cases to verdict. His representative matters include many public infrastructure projects, such as water treatment, railway, bridge, utility, transportation, and other public sector projects, as well as a variety of private projects encompassing all types of commercial developments.
Prior to joining Peckar & Abramson, Chris held the position of senior counsel in the Commercial and Real Estate Litigation Division of the New York City Law Department, representing and advising City agencies and other public entities in commercial litigation matters, including construction and public procurements in federal and state courts. Many of his cases addressed delay and extra work claims on public works projects including school construction, highways, utilities and other public projects. Chris also provided counsel on public bidding challenges, real estate disputes, contract negotiation, and social service contract litigation.
In addition to his work in commercial litigation, Chris also practiced in the New York City Law Department’s Tort Division, defending the City against various types of municipal liability claims, such as premises liability, labor law, negligent supervision, special duty, false arrest, and civil rights claims. He has tried multiple cases to verdict.
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• State of New York
• New York City Bar Association, Construction Law Committee Member
Education & Courses
• Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service, B. S.
• Cornell Law School, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• New York-Metro Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015-2016
• Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch", 2021-2022
Publications & Presentations
• “New York State Labor Law Amendments: Expanded Protections for Employees,” Long Island Contractors’ Association’s Long Island Warriors Magazine, March 2022
News & Events
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
• 56 ATTORNEYS WITH NATIONAL CONSTRUCTION LAW FIRM PECKAR & ABRAMSON, P.C. RECOGNIZED BY BEST LAWYERS®
• Peckar & Abramson, PC Welcomes Christopher M. Bletsch to the Firm’s Partnership; Announces Additional Promotions to Senior Counsel and Senior Associate Ranks
• Peckar & Abramson’s New York Office Moves To A New Location