LCL Alliance: An International Discussion on Contractors’ Assumption of Design Liability (Rebroadcast)
The Leading Construction Lawyers Alliance (LCL Alliance) will rebroadcast its February 17 Master Class, “An International Discussion on Contractors’ Assumption of Design Liability.” Based on a number of requests based on date/time availability and certain registrants precluded from attending due to storm conditions affecting the Central United States that day, we are pleased to present this recorded program. The rebroadcast will air March 16 (New York: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm; Los Angeles: 8:00 am to 9:30 am; Paris, Berlin, Vienna: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm).
In this program, leading construction law practitioners discuss the range of ways that contractors assume or are exposed to design liability, and how that risk differs internationally.
Topics will include:
- What is Meant by “Design”
- General Legal Principals of Design Risk Allocation Among Jurisdictions
- History and Evolution of Design Responsibility
- Common Contractual Practices
- The Role of “Duty to Warn” and “Notice”
- Emerging Delivery Methods and Delegated Design
- The Role of Technology