Gerard Onorata, partner in Peckar & Abramson’s New Jersey office, will participate in the webinar, “Building Blocks for Handling Construction Law Cases,” on April 21 from 9:00am to 12:35pm ET. Hosted by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the program will offer lawyers a basic knowledge of New Jersey construction law, from the initial contract drafting to the filing and advancement of a construction claim. The program will include a discussion of:
- Overview of the construction industry-the players and the terminology
- Public and private bidding and surety bond concerns
- Key contract clauses from the owner, contractors’, and subcontractor’s perspectives
– notice, change orders, indemnification, warranties, payment and more
- Private and public Lien Law
- Litigation of construction law claims
– changed conditions
– default and termination
– delays and acceleration
– payment and change order claims
- ADR, arbitration, litigation, and mediation in the era of remote proceedings
– the advantages, disadvantages, and practical considerations
- …and more
CLE credit is available. To register, please click here.
Please note a registration fee applies.