Roger S. Markowitz
Roger S. Markowitz has over 40 years of experience in construction and public contracting law, and has successfully represented heavy and highway contractors, engineers and owners in hundreds of disputes arising from major heavy and highway and other infrastructure construction projects.
"Companies contracting with federal, state and local governments must secure counsel that understands the minefield of rules, regulations, accounting issues, and ethics and compliance requirements that come with this territory."
• State of New York
• United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Eastern Districts of New York
• United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
• Associated General Contractors of America
• American Bar Association and New York State Bar Association (Construction and Surety Law Division; Litigation and Public Contract Section and Forum on Construction Industry)
Education & Courses
• Bucknell University, B.A.
• New York University School of Law, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Best Lawyers, 2013 - 2024
• ALM & Martindale-Hubbell "New York Top-Rated Lawyers", 2019 - 2020
• ALM & Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated
News & Events
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2024
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
• 56 ATTORNEYS WITH NATIONAL CONSTRUCTION LAW FIRM PECKAR & ABRAMSON, P.C. RECOGNIZED BY BEST LAWYERS®
• American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell Name 18 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys “New York’s Top-Rated Lawyers”