Robert Bell is Special Counsel for White Collar Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement in Peckar & Abramson’s New York office. He has substantial experience representing highly-regulated companies in complex civil litigation, white collar criminal investigations, and regulatory and administrative proceedings. Bob regularly interacts with federal, state, and local government officials and communicates complex legal issues to various stakeholders.
New York, NY
P +1 212.382.0909
F +1 212.382.3456
“At P&A we understand the time and cost impact that today's regulatory enforcement environment has on your business, and we provide efficient and effective advice that respects and anticipates the effects on your future.”
Bob has nearly two decades of experience representing corporate and individual clients in relation to a variety of government regulatory and enforcement matters brought by the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, and other federal, state, and local agencies. His practice includes advising clients with respect to investigations into alleged violations of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and False Claims Act, as well as conducting proactive risk assessments and updating codes of conduct and applicable compliance policies. He also provides his clients with crisis response and real-time legal advice and support during government investigative activities.
Bob has an active civil litigation practice in state and federal courts, and has performed a substantial amount of pro bono work. In addition, he has conducted training seminars in New York and abroad on FCPA and other regulatory issues.
Before joining Peckar & Abramson, Bob worked at two leading international law firms, where he represented global companies in internal investigations, cross-border government enforcement actions, anti-corruption matters, and complex civil litigation. He received his B.A. magna cum laude from Denison University and his J.D. cum laude from the Duke University School of Law.
• State of New York
• United States Supreme Court
• United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
• New York City Bar Association
• Committee on LGBT Rights, New York City Bar Association (Former member)
Education & Courses
• Denison University, B.A. in Political Science and Religion, magna cum laude
• Duke University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
News & Events
• Robert Bell Joins Peckar & Abramson’s New York Office