Nick R. Hoogstraten
Nick R. Hoogstraten serves as senior counsel for the construction and government contracts practices in the firm’s Washington, D.C., office. His practice focuses on all aspects of construction and government contracts litigation and counseling.
"In today’s highly competitive government contract environment, it is essential for contractors to take advantage of experienced advisors to help them pursue and obtain contracts and achieve profitable performance."
• State of Maryland
• District of Columbia
• United States District Court for the District of Maryland
• United States District Court for the District of Columbia
• United States Court of Federal Claims
Education & Courses
• University of Kansas, B.A., with distinction
• Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Rated
• Phi Beta Kappa
Publications & Presentations
• Environmental Law Blog, Peckar & Abramson, 2019-present (contributing author).
• “COVID-19 and Construction Stormwater Discharge Permits,” Law360 Expert Analysis, April 3, 2020 (author).
• “A Hard Rain Is Gonna Fall: Construction Stormwater Permitting under the Clean Water Act in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia,” The Washington Building Congress Bulletin, 2015 (author).
• State-by-State Guide to Design and Construction Contracts and Claims, second edition, Aspen Publishers, 2012 (contributing author).
• State-by-State Guide to Architect, Engineer, and Contractor Licensing, second edition, Aspen Publishers, 2012 (contributing author).