Edward O. Pacer
Edward O. Pacer is the managing partner in the Chicago office of Peckar & Abramson and co-chair of the White-Collar Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement Practice. He is a highly regarded litigation attorney who has tried 32 civil and criminal cases to jury verdict and has tried dozens of cases before the bench. He has also argued before the Illinois Appellate Court nine times. Ed has represented his clients in a wide variety of litigated matters, including business partner disputes, employment discrimination claims, construction-related claims, investment disputes, trust litigation and cases involving fraud and civil RICO claims.
"At Peckar & Abramson, we develop tailored compliance programs to meet the invariably different needs of each individual client."
• State of Illinois
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (trial bar)
• United States District Court of the Southern District of New York (pro hac vice)
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio (pro hac vice)
• State Court of Colorado, Weld County (pro hac vice)
• State Court of Colorado, Denver County (pro hac vice)
• State Court of California, Fresno County (pro hac vice)
• Chicago Bar Association
• Fenwick High School Bar Association, Past President
• Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional–Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics Professionals
Education & Courses
• University of Illinois, B.A.
• Loyola University of Chicago, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Chicago Top Lawyers
• Illinois Super Lawyers, 2005
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
Publications & Presentations
• “Safety Forum: Recreational Marijuana & the Safe Construction Site,” Peckar & Abramson, P.C., and Chicagoland AGC Safety & Health Committee Forum, September 2023 (Presenter)
• Changes to the AIA Contract Documents, P&A Peer Conference, May 2017
• “The Independent Monitor – Ally or Adversary to the Corporation?” American Bar Association 2015 Business Law Section Annual Meeting, September 2015
• “Regulatory Developments That Affect Public Work Contractors: How What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You,” P&A Seminar, January 2014
• “The Nuances of Compliance Can Make – or Break – a Contractor,” ENR Construction Law, Risk and Compliance Section, May 2014
News & Events
• Safety Forum: Recreational Marijuana & the Safe Construction Site
• Peckar & Abramson Offices Host Nationwide Peer Conference on Changes to the AIA Contract Documents
• Edward O. Pacer Speaks at the American Bar Association Annual Meeting
• REGULATORY DEVELOPMENTS THAT AFFECT PUBLIC WORK CONTRACTORS: How What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You