Edward O. Pacer
Edward O. Pacer is the managing partner in the Chicago office of Peckar & Abramson and co-chair of the White Collar Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement Practice. He is a highly regarded litigation attorney who has tried 32 civil and criminal cases to jury verdict and has tried dozens of cases before the bench. He has also argued before the Illinois Appellate Court nine times. Ed has represented his clients in a wide variety of litigated matters, including business partner disputes, employment discrimination claims, construction-related claims, investment disputes, trust litigation and cases involving fraud and civil RICO claims.
Edward O. Pacer
Managing Partner, Chicago Office
Co-Chair - White Collar and Regulatory Enforcement
P +1 312.881.6300
F +1 312.435.2482
"At Peckar & Abramson, we develop tailored compliance programs to meet the invariably different needs of each individual client."
Ed also has extensive experience in effectively representing clients in mediation and arbitration and litigation. His broad based civil litigation experience has allowed him to serve as a valuable asset to his clients providing internal policy and practice advice and by aiding clients in assessing and avoiding risk.
During the past six years, a significant portion of Ed’s time has been spent conducting highly sensitive and confidential internal investigations and audits for corporate clients who fear that an employee may have failed to adhere to the company’s corporate ethics and compliance program and practice by engaging in acts of corporate malfeasance. A majority of Ed’s corporate compliance investigations have focused on possible violations of state and federal false claim laws, anti-kickback, corporate bribery, theft and bid rigging prohibitions and failure to adhere to government mandated DBE/MBE/WBE contract requirements on public projects. Ed is experienced at providing senior corporate management with an assessment of the nature and extent of risk a company may face and with providing sound, practical response options in a potential crisis situation. When necessary, Ed represents clients in their dealings with State and Federal prosecutors, the SEC, and also with regulators from a wide variety of enforcement agencies. Ed is also able to draw on his experience to provide clients with advice regarding the sufficiency of their existing compliance policies and practices.
Ed is a former Assistant State’s Attorney in Cook County, Illinois, where he spent a significant amount of time assigned to special prosecution and multi-jurisdictional task force units that investigated and prosecuted organized criminal enterprises. Ed is a former partner at the firm of Williams Montgomery & John and on of the four founding partners of the Harrison & Held law firm. In light of his accomplishments, Ed has been recognized as a Chicago Super Lawyer and a Chicago Top Lawyer.
• State of Illinois
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (trial bar)
• United States District Court of the Southern District of New York (pro hac vice)
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio (pro hac vice)
• State Court of Colorado, Weld County (pro hac vice)
• State Court of Colorado, Denver County (pro hac vice)
• State Court of California, Fresno County (pro hac vice)
• Chicago Bar Association
• Fenwick High School Bar Association, Past President
• Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional–Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics Professionals
Education & Courses
• University of Illinois, B.A.
• Loyola University of Chicago, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Chicago Top Lawyers
• Illinois Super Lawyers, 2005
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
Publications & Presentations
• Changes to the AIA Contract Documents, P&A Peer Conference, May 2017
• “The Independent Monitor – Ally or Adversary to the Corporation?” American Bar Association 2015 Business Law Section Annual Meeting, September 2015
• “Regulatory Developments That Affect Public Work Contractors: How What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You,” P&A Seminar, January 2014
• “The Nuances of Compliance Can Make – or Break – a Contractor,” ENR Construction Law, Risk and Compliance Section, May 2014
News & Events
• Peckar & Abramson Offices Host Nationwide Peer Conference on Changes to the AIA Contract Documents
• Edward O. Pacer Speaks at the American Bar Association Annual Meeting
• REGULATORY DEVELOPMENTS THAT AFFECT PUBLIC WORK CONTRACTORS: How What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You
• P&A Chicago Office Hosts Peer Conference