Doris D. Short
Doris D. Short is Vice-Chair of Peckar & Abramson’s White Collar Defense and Litigation departments, and co-chair of the firm’s Crisis Management team. She focuses her practice on representing corporations and individuals in highly-regulated industries, such as construction and financial services, in white collar criminal prosecutions and investigations, regulatory and administrative proceedings, and complex civil matters.
"In today’s increasingly regulatory, pro-prosecutorial white collar criminal law environment, businesses, and the people who run them, require careful counseling."
• State of New York
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
• New York City Bar Association Criminal Advocacy Committee (Recording Secretary)
Education & Courses
• Trinity College, B.A.
• Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• New York-Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014 - 2018
• Best Lawyers, 2021 - 2022
Publications & Presentations
• “MWBE Update: Compliance Trends That Contractors Need To Know,” The Eastern Contractors Association, Anchin, and Peckar & Abramson Webinar, January 2021 (Speaker)
• “The Government is Here to Help You – Be Careful: Best Business Practices in the Post-COVID World,” Peckar & Abramson, PC and Guidepost Solutions LLC Webinar, May 2020 (Moderator)
• “Advancing Women in Construction Law and Consulting: Experts Say “It’s All About Culture”, but What Exactly Does that Mean?,” 2018 Construction SuperConference (Co-Presenter)
News & Events
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
• 56 ATTORNEYS WITH NATIONAL CONSTRUCTION LAW FIRM PECKAR & ABRAMSON, P.C. RECOGNIZED BY BEST LAWYERS®
• MWBE Update: Compliance Trends That Contractors Need To Know
• The Government is Here to Help You – Be Careful: Best Business Practices in the Post-COVID World (Presentation Slides and Recording)