Bruce D. Meller
Bruce Meller has been a partner at Peckar & Abramson since 1979. He has been described in Chambers USA as “a brilliant construction litigator,” by Who’s Who Legal as “an attorney handling “high-pressure, high-stakes cases with class and composure,” and by The Legal 500: United States as “exceptional, with strong trial and arbitration experience” and “the epitome of the construction litigator, who understands a company’s needs and goes out to get results.”
Bruce D. Meller
River Edge, NJ
P +1 201.343.3434
F +1 201.343.6306
"P&A has rightfully earned its reputation as a leader in alternative dispute resolution—consistently saving our clients money, time, and unnecessary business interruptions."
A highly respected litigator, Bruce has been responsible for many of the firm’s most significant cases, as well as the negotiation of complex contractual relationships and the drafting of standard forms of agreement, which are used on a national basis.
Bruce has represented contractors throughout the United States on virtually every type of construction project, including high-rise buildings, shopping malls, museums, wastewater treatment and power plants, hospitals, garages, institutional buildings, stadiums, laboratories, highways, bridges, tunnels, pipelines and light rail systems.
Bruce was lead counsel in an arbitration involving claims in excess of $130 million arising out of building and civil construction work for a train system in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, which lasted 84 hearing days. He was lead trial counsel and negotiated a $59 million dollar settlement on behalf of a design-build contractor with the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority. Another matter on behalf of a construction manager involved claims in excess of $60 million, which lasted more than 75 hearing days. An engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) matter resolved at trial for sums in excess of $100 million. Many of his jury trials have lasted over one month and up to four months in length, resulting in numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts, and dozens of published decisions. He has been admitted to practice pro hac vice throughout the United States and in Puerto Rico.
• State of New York
• State of New Jersey
• United States Supreme Court
• United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
• United States Court of Federal Claims
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
• United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
• New York State Bar Association
• New Jersey State Bar Association
• American Bar Association (Construction Industry Forum and Litigation Section)
Education & Courses
• University of Connecticut, B.A.
• Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Best Lawyers, 2006-2023
• New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2006-2023
• New York-Metro Super Lawyers, 2006-2022
• Chambers USA, Construction Law, New Jersey, Band 1, 2020-2022
• Chambers USA, Construction Law, New York, 2011-2019
• Lexology Client Choice Award, Construction, United States, 2020-2022
• ALM & Martindale-Hubbell “New York Top-Rated Lawyers,” 2019-2020
• Best Lawyers, “Lawyer of the Year” in Construction Law – Hackensack region, 2021
• Best Lawyers, “Lawyer of the Year” in Construction Litigation - Newark region, 2012
• Bergen Magazine, Top Lawyer - Construction, 2020-2022
• The Legal 500: United States
• Who’s Who Legal - Thought Leaders “Global Leader,” Construction, 2020-2022
• Who’s Who Legal: Business
• Who’s Who Legal: Construction
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated
• Construction Lawyer Society of America (Fellow)
• Litigation Counsel of America (Senior Fellow)
News & Events
• Super Lawyers® Names 12 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2023 New Jersey Super Lawyers & Rising Stars Lists
• 12 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Thought Leaders: USA Publication
• Peckar & Abramson’s Bruce D. Meller and Nathan A. Cohen Receive 2022 Lexology Client Choice Awards in U.S. Construction
• Construction Super Conference – “Success and Failure in Mega Projects Through the Lens of Trial Lawyers and In-House General Counsel”