Amy vigorously represents her clients in matters involving construction contract claims, design and construction defect claims, payment disputes, mechanic’s liens, warranty claims, and lease and build-out disputes. Before joining P&A, Amy was most recently in-house counsel handling construction litigation, pre-litigation construction claims, and other matters for a public authority providing water and wastewater services to over 3.1 million customers in the greater Boston area.
Amy regularly appears in state and federal courts throughout New England and has appeared and argued successfully before the Massachusetts Appeals Court and First Circuit Court of Appeals. Her approach is to develop a comprehensive, business-minded, practical strategy at the outset of each matter to provide her clients with efficient, cost-effective, and successful resolution of their claims.
Amy’s experience includes:
- Representing public authority in action alleging the defective design and construction of replacement pipelines with over $2 million in dispute.
- Defeating an action to stay arbitration of claims alleging violation of New York Prompt Payment Act in connection with $26 million construction project on behalf of general contractor in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Handling pre-litigation construction claim related to contractor’s allegedly defective work on a hydro turbine generator.
- Defending a general contractor in an action in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts to confirm a $5 million foreign arbitration award related to an overseas construction project.
- Defeating summary judgment on behalf of a general contractor on claims for misrepresentation and unfair and deceptive trade practices arising out of work on a construction project.
- Representing a real estate developer in an insurance coverage dispute and bad faith claims involving the collapse of buildings in Massachusetts Superior Court.
- Defending a commercial landlord in an $8 million breach of lease action brought by tenant.
- Representing private lender against guarantors in a $7 million fraud claim in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Prevailing in the Massachusetts Appeals Court in a case involving a contract for the sale of commercial property.
Amy’s litigation experience also includes representing residential and commercial lenders, loan servicers and other commercial entities in cases involving breach of contract claims, shareholder disputes, intentional torts, real estate title issues, violations of state and federal consumer protection laws, and unfair and deceptive trade practices.
Amy is a member of the Boston Bar Association, Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, AGC of Massachusetts and the Construction Industries of Massachusetts. She was previously named to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star list. Amy received her J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law, her M.A. from the University of Massachusetts Boston, and B.A. from Connecticut College.