Published Date: January 12, 2022
National construction law firm seeks a litigation paralegal/legal assistant for its expanding New York office. The role will involve commercial litigation and transaction support, and research and drafting tasks as required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced office environment and must have strong organizational and communication skills. Above all, we are looking for a reliable and diligent team player who is eager to learn and keen to gain unparalleled experience and exposure to life at a busy and successful law firm. Certification or associate’s degree in paralegal studies (bachelor’s degree is preferred) with a minimum experience of two years in a litigation paralegal role. Candidates must be fully vaccinated.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist attorneys with preparing litigation documents such as pleadings, discovery, and motions
- Conduct legal research and factual investigations
- File court papers electronically and in various courts
- Assist attorneys with preparations for court appearances, depositions, and mediations
- Conduct electronic and paper discovery reviews
- Maintain electronic and paper case files
- Drafting correspondence
- Privilege reviews
- Analysis and issue coding
- Filing of lien papers
- Traveling to surrounding courts
- Copying, scanning, and document conversion/reformatting
Qualifications and Skills
- Certification or associate’s degree in paralegal studies (bachelor’s degree is preferred)
- Minimum experience of two years in a litigation paralegal role.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Strong research, computer and report generating skills
- Working knowledge of legal database software
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Interest in law and the construction industry
- Ability to work within a dynamic team and communicate effectively with attorneys, management, support staff and public agencies
Eligible employees can enroll in medical, dental, and/or vision plans and may also participate in our 401(K), TransitChek, flexible spending and other savings plans.
Job Type: Full-time. This position has a hybrid telecommuting schedule with time split between working at the office and working remotely.
For more information about Peckar & Abramson, please visit our website at www.pecklaw.com.
Peckar & Abramson (P&A) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and any other factor protected by applicable law. If you have any questions regarding the application process or need an accommodation to complete the application process, please send an email to the address posted with this ad.
New York, NY,