Published Date: August 30, 2022
National construction law firm is seeking a full-time E-Billing Specialist to work in our River Edge, New Jersey office. This position will work on a hybrid schedule of 4 days in the office/1 day remote.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Submit invoices electronically to various E-Bill intermediaries (i.e. Legal Exchange, TyMetrix 360, Legal-X, Serengeti/Legal Tracker etc.) in accordance with the client’s E-Billing guidelines/requirements.
- Coordinate with the Billing Team to correct and revise rejected E-Bills.
- Review and update Client/Matter details in Firm’s billing software to ensure accurate matter set up and compliance with clients’ E-Billing guidelines.
- Able to modify and make adjustments to LEDES files to accommodate for authorized adjustments or any incomplete fields (ex. missing Expense UTBMS codes or Phase/Task and Activity Codes).
- Able to modify LEDES files when Invoice Total does not match Total Fees and Expense Line Items.
- Update and report E-billing progress/status of each E-Bill in the firm’s E-Bill portal.
- Handle accordingly deductions & appeals.
- Must be able to prepare and submit Time Accruals as per Client E-Billing Guidelines and E-Billing site requirements and deadlines.
- Coordinate with the Collections Team and update them on the status and progress of submitted E-Bills.
- Track, maintain and monitor the E-Billing log.
- Track client appeals and initiate process to correct invoices per client/attorney instructions.
- Prepare and/or assist with special projects, spreadsheets and other documentation as needed.
- Reviews newly opened client matters for assigned attorneys to determine if matters are available through e-billing websites
- Verify that client setup, rates, and billing requirements are correct in the E-Billing system.
- As required, submit rate and/or budget requests to related vendor sites.
- Minimum of three years of e-billing experience in a law firm (required)
- Ability to utilize various e-billing vendor websites, E-hub or Billblast for electronic billing.
- Previous experience with accounting system strongly preferred Aderant, Elite or 3E.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated, very detail oriented, highly organized, and reliable
- Able to multi-task with a high volume of work and work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and take initiative to assist as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and accuracy are a must.
- Professional and courteous communication with clients, attorneys, paralegals, and staff are a must.
Please send all resumes to NJResumes@pecklaw.com.
River Edge, NJ,