Gary S. Moorefield
Gary S. Moorefield, Senior Counsel, specializes in complex construction litigation. His experience includes claims of extra cost and/or delay resulting from defective plans and specifications, owner-directed changes or scope-creep, scheduling delays, construction and design defects, water and mold infiltration, fraud, and prompt payment issues.
"Our firm has provided guidance for hundreds of millions of dollars of major construction projects and successfully handled all kinds of litigation as well. We have amazing legal talent in our offices around the country."
• State of California
• San Francisco Bar Association
Education & Courses
• California State University at Long Beach, B.S., cum laude
• Boston University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Awards & Recognitions
• Combat veteran, United States Navy (awards include: Navy Unit Commendation, Navy Achievement Medal, Kuwaiti Liberation Medal, and Combat Action Ribbon)
Publications & Presentations
• “California Mechanics’ Lien Laws and Stop Payment Notices,” P&A Rising Stars Series, November 2020 (Speaker)
• “VIrtual Depositions,” P&A Webinar, July 2020 (Speaker)
• “SPAM—It’s Not Just for Breakfast Anymore: Federal Legislation and the Fight to Free the Internet from Unsolicited Commercial E-mail,” 5 B.U. J. SCI. & TECH. L. 10, 10 (1999).