Curtis W. Martin
Curtis W. Martin represents contractors and owners on large construction projects and advises clients on all facets of the construction process, from the preparation of contract documents to counseling on risk management, business and legal issues that arise during projects, and dispute resolution. He is an active mediator and arbitrator.
Curtis W. Martin
P +1 713.568.1500
F +1 713.568.1490
"Deeply immersed in the evolving issues that impact the construction industry, our legal teams are often among the first to know of developments that may impact our clients’ businesses."
Curt draws on extensive experience in the construction industry, where he has focused his professional life since 1979 as both a construction lawyer and an industry executive. He served as President and Chief Operating Officer of an ENR-400 construction company. He is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has taught construction law and construction contract management in 22 US states and in Canada, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, Malaysia, and Cyprus. He has also taught construction law at the undergraduate and graduate level at US universities including Colorado State University and Georgia Tech.
Curt is an active cyclist. He is a Hall of Fame fundraiser for the Texas BP MS 150 bike ride from Houston to College Station and was recently named to the Lone Star MS Society’s Fundraising Committee.
• State of Texas
• State of Georgia
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
• United States Court of Federal Claims
• Texas Board of Legal Specialization: Board Certified – Construction Law
• Associated General Contractors Texas Building Branch (Legal Committee)
• National Associated General Contractors Risk Management Committee (2004-2011)
• Associated General Contractors of Texas (Legislative Drafting Committee)
• Spring Branch Independent School District (Former Chair or Co-Chair of SBISD's Long Range Facilities Planning Committee, Bond Committee, and Bond Oversight Committee)
• American Arbitration Association Panel of Neutrals (Member of AAA's Large Complex Construction Case Panel)
• Houston Contractors Association (former Member of Board of Directors, Education Committee Chair)
• Texas Bar Foundation
• Construction Lawyers Society of America (Fellow)
Education & Courses
• Duke University, B.A., cum laude
• Harvard Law School, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• Chambers USA, Construction Law, Texas, 2018 - 2022
• Texas Super Lawyers, 2014 - 2022
• Best Lawyers, “Lawyer of the Year” - Houston, 2023
• Best Lawyers, 2015 - 2023
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated
Publications & Presentations
• “Resolving Delay Claims in Real Time,” Houston Contractors Association’s Education Committee Webinar, April 2021
• “The Texas Storm - Guidance for Contractors,” P&A Client Alert, February 2021
• “Construction 101: Session 2 - An Overview of Texas Construction Law,” Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) and Peckar & Abramson Joint Seminar, September 2020
• “COVID-19 Forum: A Series on Managing Risk in Unprecedented Time,” P&A Webinar, March 2020
News & Events
• Super Lawyers® Names 12 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2022 Texas Lists; Jeff Ford & Matt Moore Selected to Top 100 List
• CFMA Lone Star Conference – “How Legislative Changes in 2021 Are Impacting Contractors in 2022”
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
• Chambers USA Names Peckar & Abramson to Band 1 Level in Construction Law and Government Contracts; 25 P&A Lawyers Recognized as Leading Attorneys; Six Regions Recognized