Craig A. Landy
Craig Landy regularly advises general contractors, construction managers and owners in the drafting, negotiating and administering of contracts for the construction of international, national and local projects, both large and small. He has helped clients manage and mitigate legal risks on construction projects and has trained project staff in overcoming contractual obstacles that often must be faced on large and small construction projects. Craig is recognized by Martindale Hubbell with the highest AV-rating and by Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers.
"Recently, there has been an increase in the number of new construction delivery types that require thorough familiarity with in order to provide effective guidance and counsel.”
• State of New York
• United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
• United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
• United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• New York County Lawyers' Association (President, 2000 - 2002)
• New York City Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• New York Bar Foundation (Fellow)
Education & Courses
• Manhattan College, B.A.
• Fordham School of Law, J.D.
Awards & Recognitions
• New York-Metro Super Lawyers for Construction/Surety, 2013-2019, 2022
• Best Lawyers, 2018 - 2022
• ALM & Martindale-Hubbell "New York Top-Rated Lawyers", 2019 - 2021
• ALM & Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent AV-Rated
• Court-appointed federal monitor to protect U.S. interests in BCCI scandal (1997 - 2001)
Publications & Presentations
• “Liquidated Damages in Construction Contracts: An ‘Exclusive Remedy’ for Delays in New York?,” New York Law Journal, June 2021
• “2017 AIA 201 General Terms and Conditions,” ACCNJ’s Construction Law for Construction Professionals, October 2017 (Speaker)
• “Challenges in Construction Risk Transfer,” P&A Breakfast Club Seminar, April 2014 (Speaker).
• “Lessons Learned: Drafting Construction Contracts from a Litigator’s Perspective,” P&A Breakfast Club Seminar, September 2013 (Speaker).
• “Understanding Construction Contract Force Majeure Provisions,” New York Law Journal, p. 4, November 26, 2012.
• "Orientation Manual for Judicial Interns," (1989).
News & Events
• Super Lawyers® Names 18 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys to 2022 New York List; Paul Monte Selected to Top 100 List
• Peckar & Abramson Has Largest Number of Construction Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
• 56 ATTORNEYS WITH NATIONAL CONSTRUCTION LAW FIRM PECKAR & ABRAMSON, P.C. RECOGNIZED BY BEST LAWYERS®
• American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell Name 18 Peckar & Abramson Attorneys “New York’s Top-Rated Lawyers”