Brian F. Smith
Brian Smith is Special Infrastructure Counsel in Peckar & Abramson’s New York office, where he represents a wide range of clients in connection with construction and civil infrastructure projects. With over thirty years of experience in public construction transactions and related contracts, he provides clients with a wealth of expertise in projects related to the development of road, bridge, rail and airport projects. Mr. Smith frequently advises clients involved in major transportation and other civil infrastructure projects in the New York metropolitan area and across the United States.
“Throughout my professional life, I have sought first to solve problems and get projects up and running. That, to me, is how we at P&A deliver Results First ℠.”
• State of New York
Education & Courses
• State University of New York at Fort Schuyler, Maritime College, B.E.
• Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
Publications & Presentations
• “Build Back Better – Using What Delivery Method? A Comparison of the Risks and Rewards Between Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, and CM at Risk,” ARTBA Northeast Regional Meeting, November 2021 (Speaker)
• “NYC Design-Build Law: Lowest Bid No Longer Ensures a Win,” Peckar & Abramson Client Alert, January 2020 (co-author)
• "Who's the Designer? Recognizing and Mitigating Design Risk in Construction Contracts", Construction SuperConference, Rancho Palos Verde, California, December 2019 (presenter)
News & Events
• ARTBA Northeast Regional Meeting
• 2019 Construction Super Conference
• Paul Monte and Brian F. Smith will speak at the 2019 International General Counsel Forum
• Construction and Infrastructure Attorney Brian F. Smith Joins New York Office of National Construction Law Firm Peckar & Abramson as Special Infrastructure Counsel