Home > Construction > Real Estate Law
Real Estate Law
The Real Estate Law Group at Peckar & Abramson:
Efficiently handling the most complex transactions
The nationally recognized Real Estate Law Group at Peckar & Abramson offers the skill and experience to handle the most complex real estate transactions efficiently and cost-effectively.
Our goal is to enable clients to proceed quickly and to facilitate successful completion of each transaction, solving problems as they may arise. We represent property owners, potential property owners, tenants, investors, lenders, developers and others with all aspects of their business, including:
- Construction financing
- Leasing and subleasing
- Development and redevelopment
- Organizational formations and structure
- Asset management
- Risk and business opportunity analysis
- 1031 tax deferred exchanges
- Real estate litigation
- Property owner/lender disputes
- Landlord tenant matters
An approach and resources that benefit clients and their projects
Owners and operators of real estate property encounter diverse opportunities, issues and challenges. Peckar & Abramson provides a full complement of services to meet the needs of our clients. We deliver top-quality service in other specialty areas, including corporate law, litigation, employment, labor and construction. This breadth of service benefits our clients on a daily basis.
We understand the challenges faced by the most sophisticated owners, buyers and sellers, especially in today’s extremely complex financing environment. Our Real Estate Law Group services are marked by zealous representation, personalized service, depth of thought, attention to detail, forthright communication and value.
Meeting expectations by providing the right advice and services is why our clients return—again and again. Our Real Estate Law Group has extensive experience in transactions involving retail, office, industrial, commercial, mixed-use, warehouse and multifamily residential properties.
A unique ability to blend knowledge and experience
When undertaking construction financing matters, our Real Estate Law Group can assemble a team with diverse talents, blending our extensive legal knowledge in real estate, finance, construction contracts, project management and other disciplines.
The Real Estate Law Group ensures that all aspects of a project are integrated, so that the project proceeds according to the client’s plans. Our comprehensive services include:
- Site acquisition agreements
- Construction financing documentation
- Architect agreements
- General contractor agreements
- Construction manager contracts
These agreements form a complex web of rights and obligations. With the diligent attention of the Peckar & Abramson team, these rights and obligations are molded together to serve the client’s needs.
A history of success
Since its founding in 1978, Peckar & Abramson has serviced clients in connection with major real estate projects and acquisitions across the country. Recent and representative transactions include:
- The $55 million purchase from Saint Barnabas Healthcare System of four nursing homes in northern New Jersey, comprising 620 skilled nursing beds and all of the real estate and assets of the seller.
- Land acquisition, $19 million construction financing and development of 180-bed skilled nursing facility in South Amboy, New Jersey.
- Land acquisition, $29 million construction financing and development of a 200-bed skilled nursing facility in Plainsboro, New Jersey.
- Refinance transactions for two skilled nursing facilities through the U.S. Housing and Urban Development Lean Program under Section 223(f) of The National Housing Act.
- Acquisition of nonperforming $17.6 million first mortgage loan secured by a Class A office building in Plainsboro, New Jersey.
- Reorganization of shopping center ownership and $2.5 million refinance of property in Miami Shores, Florida.
- The $30 million land acquisition and $76 million construction financing and development of a highrise condominium tower in midtown Manhattan.
- The $84 million construction financing and development of a high-rise condominium tower in midtown Manhattan.
- Representation of a tenant in the negotiation of 10-year, 78,000-square-foot office lease in downtown Manhattan.
- Representation of a tenant in the negotiation of a 10-year, 30,000-square-foot office lease in midtown Manhattan.
- Representation of a tenant in the negotiation of a 15-year, 35,000-square-foot office lease in the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of tenant in negotiation of a 10-year, 45,000-square-foot office lease in Anaheim, California.
- Purchase and financing of a 100,000-square-foot industrial building in Wayne, New Jersey.
- Purchase and financing of a 120,000-square-foot office building in Princeton, New Jersey.
- Purchase and redevelopment of high profile retail and multiple family mixed-use property in downtown Princeton, New Jersey.