Frank M. Rapoport
K. Stefan Chin, an attorney in the firm's Miami office, was quoted as an expert source in a story entitled "Cybercrime – Why You’re Almost Certainly at Risk and What to do About it" in the September/October 2016 issue of Constructor Magazine. Mr. Chin, an AGC member, talked about the security risks that contractors face in addition to potential contract liability.
Warren E. Friedman, Senior Counsel in the firm's Miami office, authored a bylined article entitled "Building boom beware: Risks, consequences associated with unlicensed contractors" which was published on September 26, 2016 in the Miami Herald’s Business Monday. The article discussed significant risks associated with using unlicensed contractors, what are the possible remedies if fraud is involved and provided numerous resources to verify whether or not a contractor is licensed.
Stephen M. Seeger, a partner in the firm's Washington, D.C. office, participated in a panel discussion sponsored by The Greater Washington DC Chapter of the Construction Financial Management Association ("CFMA") & the American Subcontractor Association of Metro Washington on Tuesday, September 13, 2016. The program titled, "Government Contracting: How to Maximize Claim Recovery" discussed the July 2015 Sage Policy Group report prepared for CFMA titled “An Analysis of Contractor v. Federal Agency Disputes". The report examines the extent to which courts attribute fault to contractors as opposed to government agencies when disputes arise and are adjudicated.
Peckar & Abramson is pleased to announce that founding partner Robert S. Peckar and partner Michael S. Zicherman served as contributing editors of Getting the Deal Through—Construction 2017. The attorneys co-authored the introduction to Getting the Deal Through, Construction 2017 as well as the chapter titled United States, published by Law Business Research, Ltd. Getting the Deal Through—Construction provides members of the construction industry and construction related legal and business providers with special insight into key industry issues in twenty-six (26) jurisdictions worldwide.
Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd. This article was first published in Getting the Deal Through: Construction 2016, (published in July 2015; contributing editors: Robert S Peckar and Michael S Zicherman, Peckar & Abramson PC) For further information please visit www.gettingthedealthrough.com
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. (P&A) is pleased to announce that The Best Lawyers in America®, in its 2017 United States Awards, has awarded recognition to twenty-nine P&A attorneys on its Best Lawyers List. Best Lawyers® has published their annual list for over three decades, earning respect across the legal profession, in the media and with the public as a reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals.
P&A attorneys included in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 are:
• Richard L. Abramson: Litigation – Construction
• Alex R. Baghdassarian: Construction Law
• George C. Baldwin: Construction Law
• Adrian L. Bastianelli III: Arbitration, Litigation – Construction, Mediation
• Jerry P. Brodsky: Litigation – Construction
• Steven M. Charney: Construction Law, Litigation - Construction
• Gregory H. Chertoff: Construction Law, Litigation - Construction
• James L. Deem: Construction Law
• Robert A. Drucker: Litigation - Construction
• Jeffrey A. Ford: Arbitration, Construction Law, Insurance Law, Mediation
• Melinda S. Gentile: Litigation – Construction
• Patrick J. Greene, Jr.: Construction Law, Litigation - Construction
• John D. Hanover: Construction Law
• Charles F. Kenny: Construction Law, Litigation - Construction
• Roger S. Markowitz: Litigation - Construction
• Curtis W. Martin: Construction Law
• Timothy D. Matheny: Construction Law
• Bruce D. Meller: Construction Law, Litigation – Construction
• Paul G. Monte: Construction Law, Litigation – Construction
• Gerard J. Onorata: Litigation – Construction
• Robert S. Peckar: Construction Law, Litigation – Construction
• Stephen H. Reisman: Construction Law, Litigation – Construction
• Howard M. Rosen: Construction Law, Litigation – Construction
• Donald S. Rosenberg: Construction Law, Litigation - Real Estate, Real Estate Law
• Stephen M. Seeger: Arbitration, Construction Law
• Neal I. Sklar: Construction Law, Litigation – Construction
• Gary M. Stein: Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction
• William W. Thompson, Jr.: Construction Law
• Michael S. Zicherman: Commercial Litigation, Construction Law